I did this post last year at this time, so I thought I would do it again. Questions to reflect the last year.
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
The civil suits were settled out of court not costing us anything out of pocket.
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
Logan's teeth. Besides the cost, the worry of him having anesthesia and getting all that work done to his teeth was exhausting.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Going to the Philippines with Kaelyn and my parents. Not that I didn't expect it to be great, but it was a surprise how well it went.
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
5. Pick three words to describe 2012.
Freeing, Money-sucking, Grace-filled
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2012 (Don't ask them. Guess based on how you think your spouse sees you.)
Hard, Stressful, Challenging
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2012. (Again, without asking.)
Hard, Stressful, Challenging
8. What were the best books that you read this year?
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton (I read more but I can't remember)
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
God, Kevin, Kaelyn, and Jen
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December this past year?
I've been more aware. It's giving me more compassion and patience. By no means angel status, but a lot better than last year!
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I learned to trust myself more. I used to make Kevin, my mom, my sister, whomever was around make up my mind for me. I'm getting a lot better at making up my own mind. (PLEASE NOTE: I did NOT say that I didn't second guess myself on said decisions)
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
I learned to trust God more. I know this is kind of the same answer as last year, but it continued into this year.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
This too is the same answer as last year. I find myself needing to jump back on the health wagon and shedding some of my comfort weight of 2012.
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
I feel like I'm more open with people. I'm trying to put myself out there and not talk myself into why they won't like me.
15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work both professionally and at home?
Thirty-One Conference was AMAZING! I "work" with the best people! Home is always a touchy subject. It's a work in progress, but I like that I have a vision to work with on how I want our home to feel.
16. What was the most challenging part of your work both professionally and at home?
God's timing. I see a lot of other ladies EXTREMELY successful with Thirty-One that haven't been in it as long. It's frustrating, but I have to trust God. Home has been challenging with getting organized as always. I am working on decluttering. I think I need that 20 things of junk thing that the fly lady does but do mine EVERYDAY for a year.
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
The computer. Time and time again, it's the computer. Reading all the blogs of people doing it better and easier than me. Maybe that's my time waster, being hard on myself.
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
My birthday, hands down.
19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
I'll sum it up with a quote from Max Lucado,
"You are valuable because you exist. Not because of what you do or
what you have done, but simply because you are."
Say it with me, "WOW."
20. Create a phrase or statement that best describes 2012 for you.
You've got to be kidding me.
Happy 2013 to all of you!