It has happened. Shout it from the rooftops. Kaelyn got her license today!!!!!! I can't believe it. We went to a completely different MVA than last time. She got a grouchy old man that failed the two girls in front of her. SHE STILL DID IT! This means...
1. No more driving her to school every day but Friday back and forth. I will miss our talks, so maybe sometimes I might sneak into needing to take her or something.
2. Chores that involve DRIVING to get me something from the store, or gas in the car, or take a kid somewhere. The possibilities are endless. I see a couch and bon bons in my future! Just kidding
3. I will be able to shower in the evening without having to worry about her not being home yet. I normally wait to shower until I'm in for the night. She works late three days a week, and I would normally have to go get her. NOT ANYMORE! And yes, I shower at night because my kids wreak havoc when I even just go to the bathroom, let alone get my hair washed in a shower.
4. We will have to figure out car schedules. We simply do not have the means to get her a vehicle of her own, so she will be driving Kevin's stick shift sedan. She kind of likes the idea of this and kind of doesn't...for the same reasons you're thinking about either side. Besides, insurance goes through the roof when a new vehicle is put on, and I don't think she would be able to carry that and college.
5. If I'm upset at her, I can make her go to the store with a kid. HAHAHAHA! That's a punishment for anyone. I would never make her take Marley by herself. I'm not THAT mean.
It was a great day! I'm so excited for her! Congratulations, Kaelyn!