Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mid-February Daybook

Outside my window...
It snowed again last night, so we had another snow day from our co-op...just like last Friday.  It's supposed to warm up later this week.  We'll see.  Apparently the Farmer's Almanac calls for another snowstorm somewhere from the 21st-26th.  I guess we'll see.

Giving thanks...
For my husband who cooks me Paleo meals, sometimes when I'm being dramatic that I don't have anything to eat or any propane to make it with.  Our stove and oven run on propane, and it ran out.  Long story, but they will be here with a new tank and propane on Thursday.  Yay!  Thanks to my in-laws for letting us mass cook at their house this past weekend, so I would have meals to nuke.

I am thinking about...
Lent.  There will be a lot of changes around here.  I'm half looking forward to it and half dreading it.

In the Schoolroom...
Things are going well at co-op.  Even if we haven't been able to get there, the kids still get their work to do via email.  We have another history project coming up.  Preliminary reports state that Rory wants to dress up as Genghis Khan, and Logan wants to do a skit as St. George fighting the dragon.  He LOVES St. George.

From the kitchen...
Paleo, Paleo, Paleo.  I didn't lose much weight this past week, so I'm off the sugar again.  I was having a slight addiction to dark chocolate covered almonds.  I'm excited to try some new recipes from a Paleo library book I got.  I'll have to wait for pay day.

I am working on...
reading more and technology less.  I haven't started anything yet, but I feel like Lent is going to be very dramatic.

I am reading...
Spring Tide by Mary Ray.  We are reading it out loud for Rory's history and Logan's writing.

I am praying...
-For our co-op that has to make big decisions by the end of the month.
-For my family...specific things for each one of them
-Marley's teeth
-Logan's teeth.  We went to the dentist for his 90 degree front tooth, and they told me that's an "extra" tooth.  One of THREE they think.  They think he has this extra tooth, then another front tooth above it, then another front tooth above he one coming in on the other side too.  We're off to the orthodontist.  Please pray for us.  They don't take our insurance.

I am struggling...
To get to bed at a reasonable time.  *ALWAYS

I am hearing...
Top Gear because I told Kevin I was blogging and didn't care to watch anything.  He's laughing rather loudly next to me.

Around the house...
It's looking bleak.  I haven't done much housework since I cleaned the bathrooms from the snowstorm last week.  Yikes!

One of my favorite things...
Tea with honey.  It's exciting to have something warm before bed.  I used to have hot chocolate.  I can't believe I actually like honey in my tea.  I am growing so much with my eating!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Adoration, First Communion Parent Meeting, Dave Ramsey.

A Picture Thought...
I don't have a new picture, but Marley got her new glasses today.  These are the ones she's had her eye on for a while.

The lady gave her a new hot pink case with them too.  She LOVED it.  She doesn't look anything like this with them now, of course.  Her hair is longer now and her bangs sweep over her forehead, which makes the glasses look different.  I'll try to take a picture tomorrow!



1 comment:

  1. We are going to have to a talk about all these Lent changes you have in mind!! Like usual Nora doesn't tell me until the rest of the family finds out as well. It's been a rough winter but it seems like we make everything rough so what's new. We are going to have paid a fortune in teeth for this family. It really stinks that the only dentist the kids can go to is the one that doesn't take our insurance. That's the way of things for us though. Thankfully the running-out-of-Propane thing came on the heels of winter and they are able to come out semi-quickly. It's taken 5 days (two of them weekend days and one holiday) to get ahold of them and they say we should get a break on the skyrocketing price of the stuff. So that's out of the norm at least.

    ReplyDelete