Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Are You Ready for Some Football?

video
I think Logan is running in this one.

video
And tackling in this one.

He's doing good.  There was a minor breakdown where KJ had to tell him that this is football.  It's hard work.  He had to quit or buck up.  He bucked up.  :)  It's bittersweet.  That's my little boy they're yelling at and torturing, but he's surviving, growing, and excelling.  Games start next weekend, and then it's football every weekend until mid-October.  I'm not quite sure how I feel about that right now, but I'm pretty sure how I'm going to feel about it later.  Then again, if there's a time to be outside for football games, fall will be lovely.  I say that now!


2 comments:

  1. Yeah ... he came off the field once at his third practice. I think he was at the start of a cold that seems to have persisted. He was running in the first and tackling in the second. He needs to get better but that's what practice is for. He is still too afraid of doing things correctly and I do worry about him getting hurt because of it. He'll get it though. He started off playing guard, then tackle, then tight end. He is now lined up at line backer. They seem focused on offensive plays right now and getting the kids to hit and get hit correctly. He does seem to be having more fun with it now and getting better at doing the drills. Stamina is what I think it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed to make a practice or two and I think Logan is great. Of course he could be out there playing badminton and I would think the same thing. It is a huge commitment for them to spend all those hours working that hard. It no day in the park for his mom and dad either. Those are prime hours but everyone seems onboard. Congratulations Logan. TOUCHDOWN!!!!

    ReplyDelete