Sunday, August 10, 2014

Weekend Ramblings

We had a free weekend this past weekend meaning there wasn't anything pressing to do.  Logan had football, but that was all on the schedule.  We decided to give the kids their rewards for filling their jars.  I don't think I've explained this reward system yet, so I'll do that in the next couple posts.  Anyway, we headed out to Rory's pick of Goodwill and dropped Kevin and Logan at Sweetfrog (Logan's pick).  Rory had her heart set on a porcelain doll she saw at Goodwill a while ago.

We walked in and headed right to shoes because they were first.  Marley quickly found a pair of blue/rainbow Sketchers sneakers.  They were her size!  She doesn't need sneakers, but these were super cute even though they were lace-ups.  I turned them over to check the price.  Any guesses?!

$1.67

Yes, you read that right.  Now here's the pic, so you can jump up and down with me and Mars.
These things are in better than mint condition.  There's barely any wear on them at all.  It reminded me of my consignment shop shopping days with Maureen.  We would get so excited about finding all these great deals!

Next up was the book section.  Since I'm teaching kinder this fall, I want a decent library for the kids.  I'm hoping to check out seasonal books from the library, but I want a constant learning center for them too.  I was given a budget by the co-op, and I figured it couldn't hurt to look.  I was mainly searching for the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.  It's an alphabet book that I'm decorating my door after.  It's going to say, "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.  Look who's in Mrs. Bucy's Room."  You need the book you're going to reference your door from!  I priced it at the book store for $15 for the paperback.  While I was looking for that book, which meant going through every title of two, five shelved book shelves, I found all these other great books.  And then...
Ladies and gentlemen, the hardback book I was searching for priced at $.95.  What the what?!?!!?  I did a little happy dance right there.  Here's the stack I ended up with for $11 (and that's the price INCLUDING Marley's shoes!)
I am now on a mission to Goodwills everywhere.  I know of another one the next town over that I'll be visiting soon, and let's not forget when I visit my moms.  I'm so excited!

Sunday brought a travel to a different church for us.  All was fine and dandy until I had to take Marley to the bathroom even though we had gone RIGHT BEFORE MASS.  We had just said the Our Father when I heard the priest tell someone to call 911.  Apparently the altar server had fainted and fallen off the altar where her chair toppled onto her afterward. It was quite the commotion, and by the time the priest continued on with Mass, there were EMTs walking down the Communion lines trying to get to the girl.  They could've walked around the back of the church but whatever.  She was taken out on a stretcher in a neck brace, and my kids were worried.  They want to go back next week to see if she's ok.

We finally got to the pool this afternoon much to Logan's delight.  He got to show daddy how he can go down the slide, off the diving board, and in the deep end now.  There was hardly anyone there and more than once, we had one of the pools to ourselves.  It was lovely except for when you got out of the pool, and the breeze hit.  Brrrrr.  

Back home Marley requested a game of Hedbanz.  You have to wear a headband with a card displaying a pic that you have to guess by asking questions.  Follow me?  I love this game because it's funny, and we can ALL play it together.  Unfortunately, I ended up with this card.
Everyone was laughing hysterically, even Kevin.  I started out with, "Am I an animal?"  Kevin said that I wasn't but everyone was still laughing.  Then it came to me.  I blurted out, "Am I ketchup?!"  When they confirmed my guess, I threw the card off my head. 
YUCK!  Then I got this one, and it was Kevin's turn to be grossed out.
Kevin does NOT like mice.  Long story.  We were all rolling at this point and then this little one broke out with this.
We all tried to gobble her right up!  She turned to me and said, "Mom, why didn't you give me a clue and say it was your favorite?"  HaHa!  It was a great weekend all around.

1 comment:

  1. It was another really awesome weekend. The ketchup on the fries (icing on the cake) was Nora getting the 'ketchup' card in the game. We were all ROFLOL (rolling on floor laughing out loud). She was the only person that would have gotten that card. Logan and I had a great time at Sweet FROG. FROG, while not truly an acronym, stands for Fully Rely On God. I like the symbolism of the place but not their frozen yogurt. At least not as much as I like Tutti Frutti, Sans Kaelyn, we were all together and enjoying each others company. We went to 5,000 places looking for Nora's school supplies too!

    ReplyDelete