Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Are You Ready to Rumble?

Me neither. Yesterday my post was hate and discord. When I sat down tonight to write this post, I realized that the closest thing to controversy in my life is that I'm eating a Hostess Cupcake while watching The Biggest Loser. So I'm going to stick to what I know...my kids...my life, because when I think about it, it's not that bad. Besides, Rory decided to learn something new today, and I'm tickled about it. We went to Nana and Papa's to ride bikes today. Rory picked up some yarn and a crocheting book and asked Nana to teach her. Nana started out with a simple practice knot for her. Rory came home and worked on it. By the way, Rory's on a quote kick.




Isn't that great? Other than that, Kevin got to come home a little earlier since he had to work in the middle of the night last night. We went to the park just as it began to sprinkle. We turned around to head to the library and it stopped sprinkling. So we went to a different park. When we got out of the car, Kevin found $5 on the ground. I started to look around in case some other bills were blown away a little. No luck. Marley got to partake in some playground activities too. We got to get that girl some shoes!



So there you have it. No burning, rebelling, controversy. Disappointed? I didn't think so. That's not to say that there won't be times that I'll have such things, but right now, I don't. Peace out!

3 comments:

  1. Rory was very excited about learning something new. Now if you ask me, as a once young boy, I would tell you there are lots of other things I can think of besides crocheting to do on a sunny afternoon. Girls are a different thing altogether. It was quite funny about having the cup cakes and watching "The Biggest Loser." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally get the cupcake and Biggest Loser thing. My vice is anything edible - crackers, cake, candy, peanut butter, pepperoni - this list is endless - between 7:30 and 9:00 at night - when I should be exercising! Well, actually I am exercising - my right elbow.

    It's good every once in a while to take stock of where we are and how much we have to be thankful for. I try to be positive - even though sometimes I'm only positive that life sucks. Gotta go readjust my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just noticed that I really didn't say anything about our trip to the park and the fact that Marley got to get up on the stuff. It was awesome to see that she wasn't scared of the height she was at. I think it has something to do with me though. I tossed Rory around when she was just small and did the same to Marley. I didn't do that to Logan and he is the only one afraid of heights and being tossed around like Rory and Marley do. I think I broke Logan by not doing that to him when he was just small.... bad dad of the year award? :)

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...