
This is me. She had to draw someone for homework and asked if she could draw me. It was tiring sitting there and not being able to move. I kept complaining. She drew me in 45 minutes. Amazing.
She also had to draw a picture of herself holding something. This is her holding fake grapes.The volleyball team has a game called "Dig for the Cure." They get sponsors to pay money per dig. A dig in volleyball is when the player has to dive to the floor and hit the ball which makes it over the net. Each one of these they do during the game, the sponsors pay money to the cancer charity. This year they're focusing on breast cancer because..who isn't? Anyway, they asked the girls to come up with the design for the "Dig for the Cure" shirts. Here's what Kaelyn came up with.






The girls said they liked the first design. The coach told her it could only be two colors, so Kaelyn's working on it. I'll post the final picture when I get it. She's up against another girl's design. I would personally wear any of these designs on my shirt even though it is for breast cancer. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great to donate money to breast cancer research, but I would like to see more interest in Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Maybe I'm biased. Here's another masterpiece from Kaelyn.

She lettered in academics. Isn't that something? That will look good on college applications.

She lettered in academics. Isn't that something? That will look good on college applications.
So that's it. Congrats Kaelyn! You have crazy talent!
Adios!
Adios!
I couldn't agree more to this post. Kaelyn has some crazy talent with art. Don't tell her that though as being a teenager you know nothing. If she does listen to people and improves on it she will go a long way with it that's for sure. I, for one, was more excited about K's letter than she was. To have been in Volleyball and in "advanced" classes she made the Honor Roll all 4 quarters. Now all we need to do is get her the High School Jacket for her to put the patch on .... Grandparents?
ReplyDelete:)
She is so talented and I'm really impressed with her making the honor roll. I defnitely think one of her designs should be selected. How does she do that? I can imagine sitting still for 45 minutes must have been hectic for you, Nora. (Kaelyn - you've learned patience with squirming models - haven't you?) The other place you can use your artistic talents is in your handwriting - (haven't seen it lately) - but you might ask get Gecko to teach you the fancy writing that he used to do. He'd like that. We'll spring for the jacket - how much does it cost?
ReplyDeleteOkay, My two cents. Kaelyn is artistic. The first time she came over to play with the "girls" (Sam and Nik) they did "crafts". The quality of crafts went up immediately. Kaelyn added an artistic quality to the effort. Not just drawing or cutting but something different, something new. I just put it down to having a creative mother who had worked with her for a long time but it kept getting more and more detailed and all. She is super. All the kids are different and they are all super of course but they do have qualities that are different and expertise at different things. I don't know if it would ever lead to anything but it might and she may be able to make a career at something she truly loves to do. Papa.
ReplyDelete