Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fun Games With Futon Cushions

Yes, that's the title. Kaelyn's futon from Ikea had a separate head cushion that came off. Since it's not currently with the futon, it's being played with. Normally it's a plank or a big sword, but for these videos, it's a cushion.













Crazy kids + crazy dad = great blog.

3 comments:

  1. So I am beginning to see a running theme here with the blog. When Daddy does something with the kids it's that I'm crazy. When Mommy does something with the kids it's perfectly "normal." Come on people who's on my side here? :) I think it's perfectly "normal" to toss them around and slam their faces into stuff. Nora thinks it's perfectly "normal" to mimic a washing machine? I think maybe the "crazy" label doesn't ONLY apply to Daddy and needs to be shared a little.

    Couple of other things.

    Nora and I got out to Wal Mart last night to pick up some essentials: Hot Tamales and Sour Skittles. What do you mean they aren't? THEY ARE. We walked into Wal Mart and the door greater asked us where the kids were. It's the second time in last two weeks that we've not had them. Yes they know us pretty well over there. She was going on break when we checked out. She told us that she knows us cause our kids are always so polite when they come in. I JOKINGLY said "That's cause we beat them at night if they aren't." She said "Yeah right I don't believe that at all." See even the Wal Mart greater's know that we love our kids, ALL OF THEM, very much. I guess it's not hard to pick up on though?

    Second item: There may have been two times in the last 8 years of our marriage that I haven't opened a door for Nora. Not that she can't do it, of course. But we left the gym the other night and a couple were getting into their car. The guy got in while the lady stood waiting for him to unlock the door. I was waiting for him to close his door so I could open Nora's door for her. Nora said "Do you think people wonder about you opening the door for me all the time?" I said "No they prolly just think we've been married for two days."

    So it doesn't take much to see what we have is a great loving family and by the grace of God we will continue it for a long time to come. Hopefully people do notice the little things we all do for one another and it helps them to try with their family's as well. Wouldn't the world be a nicer place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog and a great comment. You guys have it all. Congratulations. Yes, KJ, I think trying to mimic a washing machine is just plain crazy compared to slamming and banging your kids around. Well, Maybe, not. I think I will go with a split decision on that one.

    It is always nice to hear compliments from those people who interact with your children. Not that it ever happened to me....just kidding. I mean there were a lot of places in England that were glad we didn't bring our kids into...oops maybe...well anyway your kids are polite and they are very good kids.
    I Love you and take care.

    Papa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't gotten to look at the blog for a couple of weeks and I apologize. I'll pull this up for Daddy tonight so he can keep up with you-all's shinanigans - or however you spell that word. You do have a beautiful family and I thank God each day for all of you.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...