Some sprinkler fun that Marley and Kaelyn didn't want to partake in.
I was trying to get Marley's black eye from Logan. We were in the car and he wanted to play with his umbrella like Marley was. Instead he thwacked her in the face with it. Her eye is still black.
We went to a park at my parent's. It's just around the block.

This is how animals climb with their young. :)********NO MARLEY'S WERE HURT IN TAKING THIS PICTURE*************
There are scenic stops on our route home from my parents, and we always say that we'll stop some time, but we never do. So...we decided to go stop at them.


One of these spots had a bridge to cross and paths to hike. So we went for a little hike...with a double stroller that did NOT have off-roading wheels.
We were teaching the kids about trail markers. Logan was most interested in these and would point them out whenever he saw them. Kevin asked him on the way back if he had seen any trail markers...and Logan as non-chalantly as possible he says, "No, but I see a turtle." We all ran ahead and caught pictures of it. Most of you know that my FAVORITE animal is a turtle. I didn't get any other good pictures of the little guy, but we enjoyed watching him crawl away.
Next was Old Town Alexandria. We went to the Torpedo Factory. It's basically a bunch of different artist's studios. They create their work and put it out for sale. This display is called "Living Art." It was a bunch of caterpillars. It was weird. The kids weren't as interested as I thought they'd be.








Sorry..I had to do it.
For not having any plan in mind while staying at my parent's, I think we all had a lot of fun. We got to do those things that take time....things that we're normally too "busy" to do. It was nice to chill out and make some memories.
It was really nice to walk around in all the places we did. Of course Rory, being Rory, was upset about Logan seeing the Turtle. When he did see it, it was really funny as Nora pointed out. It was just a "oh hum" moment to him but we made it a big deal. Rory was upset that she didn't see if first though. We tried to make the stuff that she saw a big deal, as we do for all of them. The walk around Old Town was fun too. I was expecting something else on the Torpedo Factory but it was cool to see the people working away in there. I was thinking it would be more about how they built and tested actual Torpedo's though. What was that about expectations? Rory made a friend, of course, that girl can make a friend anywhere and at anytime. Great pictures and memories had/made.
ReplyDelete