WHAT A WONDERFUL WEEKEND! I don't have any pictures for this blog today, but I'll have them tomorrow, so please take my word for it. Saturday, Jerry's nephew, Chris, and his family came for a visit. He brought his wife, Karla, and their daughter, Ansley. Their son was not available for this play date. :) We had a blast! Chris is definitely a people person. He can get people talking and carry a conversation. Karla is someone that I hope I definitely get to talk to more! She lived in the Philippines for 15 years as the daughter of missionaries. How awesome is that!? I hope I get the opportunity to pick her brain and hear her story. Her life story must be so amazing. Their daughter and Rory got along great. I think Renee might have found her knitmate with her.
It was a relaxing day with family. I have to admit that I didn't know what to expect. I thought I would feel uncomfortable because it's the extended family of my extended family, but I can honestly say that it felt just like family. Chris and Karla are so heart warming. They just make you feel comfortable from the start like family is supposed to. It was really a great day and fabulous visit. If they didn't have to go get their son, I have a feeling it would've been A LOT longer of a visit. I know we're ALL looking forward to another get together. Again...tomorrow we'll have some pictures of the event.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
I have to agree with Nora (it's a law somewhere I am sure) about the visit. I didn't know what to expect either but it was really nice to catch up and talk. Chris is now talking about modifying Karla's Suburban which is right up my alley, along with getting him and his sun Mountain Bikes and coming out with me and B on trail rides. How awesome would that be?
ReplyDelete