Tuesday, November 23, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAELYN!!!!!!!

Well, it's official. I'm the parent of a 16yo. How did this happen? Don't answer that. :) I'm trying to do some late night preparing for her birthday, but I don't think I'm going to get it done. I'm tired. Here are some things you might not know about Kaelyn.

1. She makes sense. She's got a good head on her shoulders. She thinks things out and makes it really hard to fight with her because she has good, solid, valid points. It's embarrassing sometimes. :)
2. She is a COMPLETELY different person around her friends, and I feel blessed that I got to meet that person.
3. Her best and least favorite subject is English. I take full credit for that because I drilled it into her when we home schooled.
4. She's an awesome writer. She once wrote a poem called "An Ode To A Breadcrumb" for a home school assignment. It was actually a really great poem.
5. She's one of those people that's messy but knows where everything is in her mess. (I have no idea where she gets that from)
6. She went to DisneyWorld for the first time in her life this year, and for that I am ashamed.
7. Sometimes she reminds me of an endearing child. For instance, she carried around a monkey almost all of our vacation so it would smell better before she gave it to it's rightful owner...even going on the lazy river with the thing.
8. Between sleeping in and Chick-Fil-A for breakfast, she chose sleeping in.
9. She's becoming a better bigger sister as she gets used to these teenage years.
10. She is a quiet, caring, outgoing, loving, funny, beautiful, smart, talented, AMAZING young adult, and I am SO proud of her.

Happy Sweet 16, Kaelyn! I love you!
Here are some recent and throw pics that are my favorites of Kaelyn.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kaelyn. I really hope it's good one for you. Sleeping in till 10am doesn't hurt and having Chick-Fil-A for breakfast shouldn't hurt either. I love you will all my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday K!!!!!!!!


    Brian Paula Sam and Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well. Kaelyn, you are really getting the good life. Sleep-in...Breakfast of Chick-Fil-A, A blog all about you...some one might think it is a special day for you or something.
    Happy Birthday, Sweetheart...You are a special girl and we love you very much. I don't know I would agree with EVERY thing in the blog but most of it has you pegged to a tee. We will see you later today and can give you a kiss and a hug then but for now Happy Birthday! Papa.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...