R- RINGMASTER Since life is a three ring circus, Nana is the ringmaster. She knows what everyone is doing and tries to help wherever she is needed.
E- ESSENTIAL See Ringmaster. :) Nana wears many hats; wife, mother, babysitter, taxi driver, maid (Had to throw that in there HA!), nurse, chef, pet sitter, dog walker, and the list goes on and on.
N- NIFTY KNITTER I don't really know the difference between knitting, crocheting, or this that and the other. I do know that Nana makes baby blankets for EVERYONE. She once made one with camels for Kaelyn's home room teacher. Everyone in the family has an afghan from Nana...some of them have two or three. If she doesn't like what she's made, she makes you another one and gives you both. :) She's teaching Rory too. Kaelyn, Sam, and Nik were interested at one point, but that faded. I would love to be that Nana for my grandchildren and family. My grandmother made us all quilts. Considering I can't even sew on a button, I better get my act together quick learning.
E- ENTHUSIASTIC Nana is a pretty laid back person (cough). Seriously, she doesn't ruffle her feathers easy...unless you're Papa. :) But she has been known to get excited, and when I say excited, I mean she is all out. These moments are easy to notice since she's normally laid back. These moments take place in politics, Nascar races, people pulling plugs off of life support, you name it. If it's something she agrees with or disagrees, watch out. And of course, she is always excited to tell you something about her grandchildren. That goes without saying.
E- EAGLE-EYED You can't get anything past Nana. She's had Brian and Kevin and while they got away with some stuff, you can't get much past her now. This has to do with the ringmaster. She also contributes to the neighborhood watch. HA! She has to make sure her brood is safe and must always be on the lookout.
There are many more things to say about Nana, but she has too many E's in her name. :) She is kind, thoughtful, loving, generous, strong, caring, hard-working, gentle, smart, etc., etc., etc.
Thank you, Nana for everything you do for everyone. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. Here is Rory's breakfast this morning.
I could type for hours on Nana. While Nora is right that we "think" we got a lot past Nana when Brian and I were young I am sure we didn't. She knew what was going on but elected not to say anything about it. If and when she did it was usually a "Oh Kevin you don't act that way I know." She's refused for 36 years now to call me KJ though. Maybe one day that will change? I love you mom! Thank you for always being there and providing so much help to everyone! Hopefully this day can be a day when people cater to you.
ReplyDeleteWell, Thank both of you for your warm thoughts. They are true by the way. I can attest whole-heartenly about Papa being able to ruffle her feathers. But I am learning..I have already learned that I am never to say anything until I am told by Nana what my position on the subject will be. Things like that.
ReplyDeleteBut I love this womany very much. Thanks for the Blog and the comments. We love you also.
Papa.