Today was the first day we made it to Vacation Bible School. Four of us were sick with the stomach virus. I am one of the first grade teachers, so it was not a good thing that I missed the first two days. Each day of VBS the kids learn a lesson. Monday it was, "No matter what, trust God." Tuesday was, "No matter how you feel, trust God." Today was, "No matter what people do, trust God." They taught that people might do mean things to you, and you need to trust God to take care of you in that situation. They talked about Judas betraying Jesus, and how Jesus didn't retaliate but trusted God to help Him with the situation. They told the kids that when they were in a situation where someone was being mean, they could say a prayer or tell their mom or dad, and so forth.
Fast forward to getting home immediately after VBS.
Marley had to poop. She wouldn't do it at VBS, so I rushed home and put her on the toilet. She went and started screaming that she was done. This is what she normally does. Someone will go clean her up, pull her pants up, wash her hands, and then she'll say she has to go again. So when she called me and told me she was done, I waited a bit. She kept screaming and screaming to the point of upsetting Logan (which isn't hard these days, but that's another blog). I went in and cleaned her up, pulled her pants up, and then she said she had to go pee. I put her back on, and she started pooping more. (sorry to be so graphic about it) When I wiped her this time, she complained that her bottom was sore. I told her that if she had just finished the first time, she would've only had to be wiped once, and that I guess she learned a lesson. She said,"You're being mean to me. No matter what people do, trust God. Dear God, please make mommy stop being mean to me. Amen."
It was hilarious, and I think I scared her because I just started laughing really hard. She might have thought I'd finally lost it. She's such a cutie!
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
It's a very good thing she is so cute. She's our little trouble maker. Marley don't do this or that usually ends only one way. You guessed it. She does it and more. If you're not paying all your attention to her or talking to someone she starts yelling. She's prone to jumping as well. To which I usually start telling her to stop, hey, it's attention. So the other day she started jumping and screaming. Smart me thought, "This is great I have her now." I told her she was doing a great job working out and to keep it going. She stopped immediately. She looked at me with that, "What you're not going to blow up at me" look. So she turned around, grabbed a kitchen chair, and threw it on down. I said "And now you get a time out." Daddy 1, Marley 25,000 and counting.
ReplyDelete