I don't know if any of you will see this until Monday, but Saturday, the 6th, is Logan's birthday. Yay! We're taking off to the beach for the day. My sister is there with her family, and we're crashing the party. It's going to be a LONG day. Please pray for me. Here is Logan's birthday acrostic.
L- LACKADAISICAL Do I have to elaborate on this one? Remember the whole crock pot child thing? He is laid back just like his daddy, which is a really good thing. He's my only one like that. Maybe it's a boy thing?
O-OBEDIENT When the kids were smaller, I took out a bag of M&M's and told them that whenever I told them to do something, they had to say, "Yes, Mommy." Then they got an M&M. I know you're not supposed to use food for a reward, but it worked. They're pretty good at still saying it to both KJ and I. Logan is an immediate obeyer. No matter what I say to him, it only takes one time...most times. 9 out of 10 I would say. Hopefully Marley starts to follow his lead since she looks up to him so much.
G-GAMER This needs no explanation.
A-ACADEMIC Logan is extremely bright. He's been getting books from the library and reading them to us. Normally I make him read from his reading curriculum book, so this is exciting for him. Of course he'll only pick Star Wars books. I made him get a couple from a different series just to mix it up a bit. Math is the same thing. He takes forever to do it, but when he gets frustrated enough from me nagging he goes a lot faster.
N-NORA'S HUMOR There's no denying it. Logan has this dry sense of humor and comedic timing that you just can't teach. You're born with it. I should know. ;) He comes by it honestly.
Happy Birthday, Logan. I love you so much!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...

In keeping with my history of confrontation and insistence that everyone is wrong and that only I know what is right I will catagorily say that Ms. Blogger is right. Yes, she is right about Logan right down to having Nora's humor (or lack thereof as some might say). She is right about all that so what am I objecting to....the quote of the day of course! Did you read it! Plato might know a bit about Minnie, Goofy, and the rest of the club but he don't know squat about raising kids! Boys are much easier. I had two boys and now I have five Grand-girls. Boys are a piece of cake. And no one could complain about Mr. Logan Tiger Bucy. He isn't a piece of cake--he is the do-dad on top of the icing on top of the cake. I think he is absolutely swell. But then what do I know? I don't know the difference between a Greek Philosopher and a Disney cartoon!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ms. Blogger for your normal--totally accurate--acrostic.
Papa
When we found out Logan was a boy the doctor said "Oh, you got one right." I wanted to deck him. I got them all "right." I love my girls the same as Logan. Marley makes me so freaking mad sometimes it's not funny. Then she turns around and is so loving and caring that you just want to beam with joy. One of the funniest things he's done (That I remember off hand). He was about three and Nora and I were downstairs working. He wanted to make eggs and there was a broken mixing bowl in the recycling. So being "smart" he cracks eggs into the bowl. I come up and he says "look daddy." I wanted to be mad but he did do it without getting shell in the bowl. Then another time and opened the bag of oyster crackers and was sitting in the middle of them eating them. So what we find is that when he's left to his own devices he's a mess ... or a kid?
ReplyDelete