1.
We received a Flat Stanley (ours is named Flat Sky) from Canada. Apparently we're supposed to take him on adventures with us, but he arrived the day after Halloween. That was our last busy week. Now all Flat Sky has done is gone to our co-op, the eye doctor, and the dentist. What fun?! Poor kids will probably think the states are so boring. This can only be good because then they won't come here and can be saved from the ruin that is Obama. Moving on…
2.
I'm am so looking forward to this weekend. We are going to the gym Saturday morning while Kevin starts off a work call. Hopefully it will be short and sweet. Around noon we're heading up to our church for their annual Christmas bazaar. They have a Secret Santa room for the kids to shop for parents. My gang is so excited about this. It should be a great time! Sunday we have Logan's First Reconciliation. I think he's pretty excited about it. That makes my heart happy.
3.
I got my new Scentsy scents and this place is smelling delicious! I normally try to keep food scents in the kitchen, but I'm addicted to Pumpkin Roll. I mixed it with Cinnamon and Vanilla, and oh my goodness. I could be a Scentsy mixer. When you walk into my house, you get smacked in the face with fall, and that's EXACTLY what I want. It's comforting, and I'm all about comfort.
4.
This has been doctor week for Miss Mar. She went to the eye doc yesterday and the dentist today. Luckily she didn't need any major work at the dentist. I was really worried. She had to go without food all morning just in case, and she didn't do that bad. I was stressing because of what might be and because I was trying to get Rory and Logan's school finished for tomorrow. I don't really know if we got it all done. Since she didn't need anything major, she got to go to a birthday party this afternoon. It wasn't really a party as much as going to a Little Gym with a friend who just had a birthday. My friend came and picked Marley up and brought her back. It was the first time Marley has ever done anything like that and it wasn't Nana and Papa. I was so proud of her.
5.
So one of my decisions has been to pull back from Thirty-One. It was getting too stressful to make my numbers in a lead position, so I let it go. There have been little tests about whether this is what I really want. For instance, the premiere of our new catalog is on the same day as my Carmelite retreat. I was supposed to host the premiere, and the retreat isn't mandatory. No brainer, right? I really had to think on it. When I consider what I'm trying to accomplish right now, I decided to cancel the premiere and go to the retreat. I know I made the right decision because I feel peace about it. I've felt a lot of peace about pulling back on Thirty-One.
6.
I'm back on the fitness wagon. I'm such a yo-yo. For now though, I'm doing well. Every time it gets really hard and I just want candy, I offer it to something. I know that sounds cheesy, but it works. I kept offering it for Marley at the dentist today. Now that it went well, I'll have to find something else to focus on. I'll probably just work on my prayer list. Whatever works!
7.
Our school is going really well. It's like one big family. On Tuesday at lunch, Logan told me that he was supposed to eat lunch with one of the high school boys. I started setting him up to just eat lunch with me and Mars as usual. I had to take Marley potty, and when I came back up, I saw Logan and this boy heading to a table together. They sat there and talked and ate, and the high school boy actually looked like he was enjoying himself. Logan, of course, was BEAMING! I was so excited for him. It's not just that high school boy though, it's everyone. We all look out for each other. That being said, I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving/Christmas break. It will be nice to not be on lunch duty.
We asked Logan to go to the car and get his cub scout uniform. He went, playing his DS all the while, with his sister's mismatched shoes on and everything. This picture is the epitome of Logan.
The work thing has me on edge. I am really trying to not let it define me though. It is what it is. Either the work will go well, as I expect it will, or it will not. I cannot let it get to me.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more about the Obama thing. It's not just it though. It's all the Liberals around nowadays. Maybe I just didn't see it when I was younger but now it's hitting like a ton of bricks. Hopefully I won't get more discussed with the Democrats than I am now. Anyway, that's not what this blog is about.
The scents are good. I have Eskimo Kiss in the basement and it's an awesome smell to have going. I can't wait for some of the other ones. Unlike Nora though, I like single smells. Nora likes mixing though so that's what we have up top.
I think everyone was a little surprised at Marley. She went off and I don't think really looked back. I just hope she had a good time at it. Chris and Rachel are good people and have two of the (next to mine) prettiest girls.
I am proud of Nora for making the decision on not going to the 31 "party." I even told her to go to the 31 thingy and then hit up the retreat later. She chose wisely though and I haven't heard her ask again which is refreshing (poke, poke, haha).
Logan is just that way and I love it. He doesn't care what people my think and it's perfect. He could be a little more vocal though but is always so well behaved and funnier than any of the so-called comics out there. I think that of all my kids though!