Sunday, December 1, 2013

O Christmas Tree!

This is by far the earliest we have ever attempted to get a live tree.  We're seriously doubting our black thumbs will be able to keep this stinker alive, but we have a secret weapon that give us hope...Rory.  Rory has a very green thumb and has managed to keep our bamboo tree alive this long, so she's better than the rest of us.  It's her job to water the tree.  We said that whoever's day it was, that they get to water the tree, but Rory will be on top of it still.  We kept looking for a thin, tall tree...so no fat bottoms.  :)  Last year's tree was a little short, so we learned that lesson.  Not far enough to measure, but to make sure we eyeballed it more closely.  Marley is still sick, so we were trying to hurry.  Plus it was EXTREMELY busy.  We were going to wait mid-week, but the weather is supposed to get wet and Kaelyn didn't have to work today.  
I'm one of those silly people that thinks the trees actually talk to you.  When Kevin pointed this one out, I actually teared up.  It is perfect.  
I haven't taken any pictures of it up yet.  We didn't trim it today.  I don't know when all the stars and planets will align for that to happen.  We also got our Advent wreath up and lit the first candle tonight, as we'll do every night this week.  We started our St. Andrew's Novena, but we're having trouble saying it throughout the day, and it's our second night saying all fifteen in a row.  Yikes!  Mary and Joseph will show up tomorrow and start their trek around the house, and Jesus will hide until His birthday.  As always if any of the kids find Him before His birthday, they get a prize.  This NEVER happens, but it keeps their minds in the right place.  It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I really think it is time to start shaving the ole noggin. That angle on the pic of my head is NOT flattering at ALL. The tree farm was really busy but we all got in and out without any fuss. Marley started breaking down towards the end but that was to be expected since she is still trying to shake the cold she has. It was a fun day with a LOT of running around. We got a ton of stuff done though so I was happy about that. We don't keep plants along for anytime and can't grow anything in our yard, I think it's the yards fault though ;). Oh, and by the way, we are still saying all 15 St. Andrew's Novena prayers at night.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...