Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter!

We had a great Easter.  HE IS RISEN!  I love the Triduum.  I wanted to try daily Mass for Holy Week, but I didn't get it done having just come back from Canada.  Since I couldn't go that Monday I got back, trying for Tuesday and Wednesday was pointless.  I tend to be an all or nothing person.  Although it would've been nice to go to Mass on my birthday, but at least I got Adoration.

We took the kids to Mass on Holy Thursday.  It was their first time going.  I feel bad about that, but my kids do not do well with no sleep.  I decided I didn't care this year, and we all went.  Holy Thursday plays my favorite song.  When we take the Blessed Sacrament to the back of the church for Adoration, everyone sings, "Stay with me.  Remain here with me.  Watch and pray.  Watch and pray."  It's haunting, moving, chilling.  I told the kids it's what Jesus told His Apostles in the garden before He was arrested.  I'm so glad they got to experience it.

Good Friday brought the Veneration of the Cross.  We all made it to this since Kaelyn didn't have to work until 430p.  She ended up being 10 minutes late and that was leaving right after the Eucharist.  We ended up being the first people in line for the cross.  It was unnerving.  Normally they wipe after every kiss, but this year they wiped down the cross after every 20 or so.  I'm glad I didn't kiss it.  I kissed my hand and touched it instead.  

We normally try to go to the Vigil Saturday night, but we didn't make it this year.  It starts at 8p, and I wanted to take the kids, but we decided with not getting home until 930p Holy Thursday, and the kids not very good that Friday, that we weren't going to try it.

Sunday morning we went to 730a Mass.  Everyone looked lovely.  We went straight to my parents for Easter lunch.  After resting there a bit and hanging out with my other sister's family, we headed to KJ's parents for dinner.  It was exhausting but good. 

Happy Easter!

I don't know what Marley is doing here.
Do you notice anything about this picture?  Yep, my bow is off center.  It's driving me crazy and KJ just rolls his eyes at me.  Doesn't it bother you too?  I know!

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was one of those awesome days but stretched out for a week. Nora came home from a trip, we were all together, we all got to mass, and it was Easter. He is risen! It was a grand time. Nora and I, for the first time, watched "The Passion." It was moving to think of all He did for us and then to suffer that way. Putting the visual on what we know makes more of an impact on me. I was really excited about the drive from church down to Nora's parents, like I have said. It was really nice being with family and celebrating Him.

    I didn't notice Nora's bow and I should have. I've only heard about it EVERY.DAY.SINCE. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't notice the bow either. That's probably where I would wear it intentionally. Like it there. Your Daddy said what a nice Easter we had so we won't talk about the trip to church! You all looked so nice all dressed up for Easter. Sorry I missed the Easter Egg Hunt.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...