1.
We are nearing the end of my seester's holiday here. :( I am very sad. She wasn't able to stay as long as she normally does, and that's been really hard. To end the festivities, we are staying at my parents' house for the night. All of us (minus Kaelyn) in one room should be interesting, but maybe something we'll have to get used to (stay tuned for that tidbit).
2.
It's been nice not dealing with life. Honestly, my days have revolved around what adventure my seester and I were going to try next. Throw in some things that couldn't be ignored (like lessons, Adorations), and it's going to be a wake up call to get back to the daily grind. August will be dedicated to getting my classroom ready to go for eight kindergartners this fall. Yes, it's only two days a week homeschool, but it feels like the real deal to me.
3.
Kaelyn is on a trip with her boyfriend's family right now. They're visiting Maine and Rhode Island. It's pretty exciting for her to visit new places, but she's so nervous about the whole family thing. She's meeting Justus' grandparents and his mom's 8 siblings and their families. :O I'm nervous for her!
4.
The kitchen is still not done. The last things to be done are paint touch-ups, moldings, trims, and doors. They all have to be painted white. Most have been primed, and then Maria came to stay with us for a little bit, and that got pushed down the priority list. I would like to redo the bathroom in the future, but I think Kevin might divorce me if I try. ;)
5.
I figured that since I was going to be a kindergarten teacher, then I should have some nicer clothes to wear to school. I made my seester come to Marshall's with me today, and we got me some girl clothes. I can now say that I own a pair of hot pink capris. Yes...me. It's crazy. I'll post a pic if I ever get the nerve. AND as if hot pink pants wasn't enough, I bought a pair of white dress pants. I have NEVER worn a pair of white pants. EVER. It might have something to do with my friend, Jessica, wearing a white skirt on an unfortunate day in fourth grade when her womanhood decided to show up during lunch. I whined to Maria that I bought pants I would never wear to school since you can't wear white until Memorial Day and not after Labor Day, but she says those rules don't really apply anymore. I'm trying to find some nice long necklaces, but I don't want to get crazy or anything. Yay for GIRL CLOTHES!!
6.
I have not been to the gym in three weeks, and I fell off the Paleo wagon. Actually, my seester pushed me off the Paleo wagon, but we won't talk about that. I've been living it up on grains and sweets. Monday I will be back to Paleo, which should be easy to do, since I'll have to pack my food for chemo. What better place to get back on the wagon than sitting and receiving medicine for the reason you're doing it in the first place? And this will be my second to last chemo. Can I get a woohoo?!?!
7.
It's 10p, and Rory just went to bed after playing electronics for hours with her cousins. :O I'm not proud of it, but they won't get to do it for another year, so my seester and I let it slide. I have nothing scheduled (besides chemo) next week to fully detox my kids from the sugar and electronics. It's going to be ugly, so you might not hear from me, or I might post pictures of their meltdowns. :) You've been warned!
This pic was taken by Marley in the dressing room today. Luckily she listened when I told her to only take this one photo! I was worried she'd be flashing away the whole time. This is one of the tops I bought. :)

Woo-hoo ... love the top ... kindergarten is awesome (I got lots of fun classroom ideas off Pinterest, and I'm not a crafty person) ... congrats on the kitchen (my household trim is largely primed and paint splattered and yet to be remedied/going on three years!) ... and aren't we do for a Panera prayer breakfast? I hope so! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteIt has been a ride here lately. We had a lot of work to do with the kitchen and then the visits by Nora's Seester. It's been fun though. The work we have left to do doesn't seem that bad but it's going to be getting everything back put and such. Getting back to the day to day is going to be tough because of being away from good-for-you-food for so long. I really love the outfits, they are really pretty. I am almost dreading getting back to the gym but we have to. It's going to show just how much we've slacked off. We are going to be all tired after 10 minutes into the routine. The pictures we've gotten from Kaelyn show that it's a really pretty area so hopefully she is having fun and not getting into too much family drama.
ReplyDeleteWoohoo!!!!
ReplyDelete