Monday, November 6, 2017

Busy Bucy Days

We've been on a roll with activities and happenings.  I'm going to post pics and discuss.  :)


My dad turned 82 a couple weeks ago.  He's still going strong.  We got him St. Joseph work gloves.  Rory bought some for Kevin for father's day, and he really liked them, so it was an obvious choice.
This was our resident lion for a couple days.  She had to rewrite a fable and present it to her classmates and parents.  It was a fable festival at school.  She rewrote the lion and the oxen.  She did great!
We bought Mars tickets to Daniel Tiger at the local theater for her birthday.  Show day finally arrived.  Daddy had to arrive later cuz he had some shuttling of the other kids to do, and then I left early to grab dinner on the way home.  We all reconvened and had a great late dinner.  Marley liked the show.  

My parents had gotten a white pumpkin this year, but my dad didn't like the looks of it, so they gave it to us.  We couldn't wait to see if it was white or orange inside.  It was a thick-skinned pumpkin!  Kevin did the initial cutting, and Rory did the face.  Somehow I didn't take a pic of how it turned out.

Remember when I said nothing much was happening in the way of the kitchen?  Well, Logan made dinner last week, and we all ate it up!  He found a recipe for chicken tenders in one of the cookbooks and wanted broccoli for the side.  We found a boxed mac-n-cheese in the pantry and Logan finally got to try the beloved Red Lobster box biscuits.  He always sees them at BJs, but I refuse to buy bulk biscuits that we aren't sure we like.  Everyone but Marley liked them, not surprising.  We're preparing for a busy week in the kitchen.  We have to get back to eating healthier, especially for the kids.

2 comments:

  1. We've been doing a lot of eating out crappy food. Like Nora said, "We need to back into the healthy eating." I couldn't agree more. I need to get back to the gym too and lose this weight I've been amassing. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn’t get to see it. Was it pumpkin colored inside?

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...