Thursday, March 12, 2009

Some things that happened today

Kevin worked from home today to go with me to my Onc appt. The kids are not normal when he is working from home because they see daddy, they want daddy, and that's that. Rory must've asked him a thousand times today when he was going to be done working. He just kept telling her, and it didn't make a differ- ence. I was doing dishes and Marley was playing on the floor in the living room. I heard Rory and Logan playing in their room. Rory said they were putting lotion all over their heads, so I went to check it out and saw Rory rubbing her towel on her head thinking that she was pretending that was the lotion. Apparently, I was wrong.
I walked into their room when I was done the dishes, and they really were putting lotion in their hair. This is Rory in her timeout. This is nothing compared to Logan.
This needs no words. Just take it in.












At 330p I had my Onc appt. I decided to take pictures, so you all could see what happens at these things...in case you're interested. Due to the graphic nature of one of the following pictures, parental discretion is advised.
This is my cancer center. On one side are the Oncologists, on the other is the treatment center.












This is DL. He comes and gets me from the waiting room and weighs me. Then he takes me to a room and does this...










Sorry this picture turned out blurry. While this is reading my pulse ox (amount of oxygen in my blood) and my heart rate...or something that Kevin can't remember the name of, he takes my blood pressure.







Then he takes blood. He uses a butterfly needle. They use them on kids...and people they want to be nice to I believe.










Then comes the man of the hour. This is my Onco- logist, Dr. Lee...not to be confused with Dr. Lee, my OB-GYN or Dr. Lee, the kid's pediatrician. He's one of those people who is really book smart but not big on the common sense. He called Marley "he" the whole appt. Anyway, everything looks fine. He wrote a script for my scan which I'll probably get some time in April. I want Marley to get on solid foods a little better before hand. So there you have it. A typical Onc day. I'll keep you all posted. And to all you non-crazy, non-weird, lots to offer readers and COMMENTERS, thanks for your support. Good night and good luck.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I still haven't figured out how to post anything on here but I'm going to try again. Just wanted to say I seem to remember someone whose name started with an N getting into my Oil of Olay - hmm! Wonder who that was?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just gave your blog a quick read but I understand your Oncologist got caught rubbing lotion on his head. Are you sure you can trust him with your cancer? Actually Logan don't look quite as "mad" as the Dr. does. But I suppose you are right and about seeing him for your illness? I was also a bit confused about the Pediatrician that read the book, Marley and Me to you at the Cancer center. Maybe I should go back and re-read that blog.

    But let's get something straight right now. My sweetheart Grandkids of Rory and Logan can not take a bad picture. They look great ALL the time.

    Papa.

    I do have some pictures of me at one of my two recent DR appointments. We can all vote which one: Select one: Proctologist or Vasectomy!

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...