Monday, March 23, 2009

Standoffs and Pictures

I am currently in a standoff with Kaelyn. Her chores today were trash and cleaning her room. I made the mistake a while ago telling her that she had to do a half hour of chores a day. Since then, she's been timing everything. Trash took her 15 minutes today when it normally takes 10 because she knew I was timing her. I told her that she had to clean her room for 15 minutes, but if she gave a really good effort in less than 15 minutes, then that would be all she had to do. First, she took a nap. Then she came out into the living room. I was pumping, so I told Kevin to go get the remote. She tried to hide it when he walked in, but he got it. She shrilled, "What Mommy?!" I told her she couldn't watch TV until her room was clean. Not even 5 minutes later, she came downstairs to ask for the remote. I went up to check her room, and she had picked the stuff up off the floor and put it on her futon. There was no effort made. (Stop laughing, Mommy!...my mommy...not words Kaelyn said) I didn't give her the controller. She just came down again and I saw no change. She's getting really mad now and stomping and banging things. I wouldn't want to be her if she wakes one of the kids. Normally I wouldn't be like this, but she's had a pretty easy couple weeks as far as chores are concerned and getting off from doing them and such. There's only so much I can give before it becomes her taking advantage. She has to give back, and I'm committed to her learning this life lesson. Now, enough of this crap. Here are some pictures.
This is Logan playing Kevin's I-Phone. He has a racing game on it. Rory likes it too.
This is the rite of passage for our kids. Before they can stand on the floor, they have to stand on daddy's hand. Logan wasn't too good at it. Rory and Marley got the hang of it.
This is a really cute picture.
LOOK! She's standing!!! She fell over shortly after this was taken.

That's it. Good night. Oh, and the standoff? I won of course. I am the parent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...