Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Can You Take Me High Enough?

So I was watching the Today Show, and they had the cast of Broadway's "Rock of Ages" performing. They sang the 80's song "Can you take me high enough?" by Damn Yankees. Anywho, some pics I got today made me think of this song. Let me start with the disclaimer that no children were hurt in these videos or pictures. :)

Sorry this is blurry. I tried to edit it, but I don't have Photoshop. This is Kevin throwing Rory into the air. I got her mid-air and thought it was the greatest picture ever taken and then found out it turned out blurry. I was really disappointed. I got a clear one, but she wanted to have a mad face on, so...well...she looks mad.
She's a weird, tired child. Don't ask. Of course, Logan is a little follower, so he had his turn next.

I know. I can hardly believe I got this shot myself. I LOVE IT! Now I mentioned that Logan follows Rory, but tonight...Rory was following Marley. That's right. Here comes Marley. Please look away if you are of a squeamish stomach sort...NANA!

Don't worry. It only gets worse, but that's for later. You might be asking what Kaelyn was doing while all this was going on. Well, I'll show you.

Ha Ha Ha Ha...HoHumHaHa!


Ha Ha Ha Ha...Sorry...it'll never get old.

Now for the worst of it all. I got the whole throwing Marley in the air on tape. She just loves it so much. Whenever she comes down, you can tell. She's just freaking. But that's not the best part of this whole video. The action is in the background. Watch Logan. Every time Kevin throws her up, he has to play a note on the piano. It's so funny to see. I cracked up! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Man, that never gets old. Logan in the back ground is really funny but watching them fly up in the air like that just looks like so much fun for them. In the video and the pictures it looks like Logan and Marley are having a blast. Rory looks like she's done it before and has moved onto the "i'm bored so let me see what I can do" phase. I know it's still fun for her though. Maybe tonight we can do some "throwing them (Rory and Logan) across the room onto the couch" stunts. It also might not look like they are going very high but I was mindful of the ceiling and didn't want a documented case of "Nikkitis" on my hands. Kaelyn said that after cleaning out the recycling bin she wasn't dirty at all. Hurm.... 14 year old syndrome I think. You can tell though that she really wants that phone. She went so far last night with the cleaning of the bin to say that it warranted getting more than 10 dollars. I don't know about you but if I had a job that paid me (at 14 or now) more than 60 dollars an hour I wouldn't be complaining too much. Now that 60 dollars an hour mean that it took a normal person 10 minutes to clean it. Kaelyn spent the better part of 30 minutes with the hose trying to get the recycling off the bottom of the can instead of just reaching in and grabbing it. Nana and Papa have also offered to have Kaelyn come down and do odd jobs around there to earn her phone. They have been warned that sitting quietly and reading a book does NOT pay 100 dollars a second. :p As always, I love my kids more than anything but we have too keep these grandparents honest!

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...