Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Basement Update

So I'm still on my decluttering kick. Some days go better than others. When I'm not sleep deprived and my kids aren't demons, it goes very well. I was reading my book from that guy on TLC's Clean Sweep, Peter something. He says to look at every room and decide what you want that room's purpose to be, and then break it up into zones. When I look at the basement, I see a playroom and a place for Kevin and I to watch TV in the evening. So that's what I did, I broke it up into those zones.
This is the playroom zone. This is what you see when you first turn the corner from coming down the stairs. Well, it's not what you see now because the playhouse is set up to block off Rory and Logan's "house." The bookshelf in the back has a mate to it and both are cleared because there's one bookshelf by the TV holding all my books now. Eventually, those will come out of the room. To the very right of the picture, there is our black sofa. That sets up the next picture.
This is the other half of the room. It doesn't look like this normally either because Logan is not allowed to walk on the furniture like that, and Marley's not allowed to have remotes. The bookshelf in the right of the picture is over by the other one, and a different bookshelf is there. Other than that, this is the basic layout. Rory says she likes it because she knows where everything goes. That doesn't help in her cleaning up, but she could do a really good job if she wanted to. They ask to go downstairs daily now. I like that because maybe the living room will be somewhat presentable more often since that's the first room you see when you walk in the house. I still have a lot to do, but I'm making progress, and it's progress I can see. This blog tonight is so boring and short because once I got home from the gym, I cleaned me and Kevin's bathroom. I hadn't done it in a while and actually tried to make it one of Kaelyn's paid chores. It was that bad. She didn't fall for it. Every now and then she's got some sense to her. Unfortunately, it normally works at my disadvantage. :) Good night. I hope mine is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...