Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday's Gone With the Wind

I'm sad. My sister is leaving today...or tomorrow if you're reading this before today, Wednesday. Anyway, for the past month my world has existed to spend as much time as possible with my sister and her family. We made it. It wasn't always easy. Sometimes the kids fought, sometimes we were just stressed straight out, sometimes we just wanted to sleep, but it was fun. I will miss them dearly. Kaelyn, Kevin, and I stayed up late to finish a scrapbook of our beach vacation for Maria. She was having problems with her camera while we were there, so I took lots of pictures. Kaelyn had mentioned doing a scrapbook for her before we even left for the beach, so I knew to take lots of pics anyway. She loved the scrapbook.

My little ham had to get in on the action.

The only thing her scrapbook didn't have was their last day of vacation at Jolly Roger's. That was probably the favorite, and there are no pictures from it. Oh well.

Looking through all the pictures last night, I noticed that there wasn't a single one of Maria and I...posing at least. So, there's no time like the present.

Keep in mind that Kaelyn was taking the picture. Let me give you a bit of background. We (Maria, me, and the kids) have been on a birthmark search. Rory has been showing everyone hers, so today Maria and I found ours. They are similar in look. Mine is on my ankle and Maria's is on her arm. When we were getting ready to take the picture, I said we should show our birthmarks and held my leg up while Maria showed off her arm. Kaelyn was slow to the draw and I had put my leg down. Then she took a series of shots that were too fast. Anyway, this is a candid shot of that all happening.

On a side note, look at my mouth! It's so big. Even now, I can hear all the comments being mumbled. Keep them to yourselves!


Kaelyn had taken a picture of us and said that my face looked too "bubbly" while stretching her hands away from her face. So I took this photo. Aren't you glad I had time to give you a commentary on this photo shoot? It's better than those busy days when I couldn't post any words and just pics, right?


Train roll on.

3 comments:

  1. That's twice you've made me cry today!! Enough already!! Thank you so much for everything - we all had a wonderful time with enough memories (and pictures) to last a lifetime...or at least until or next visit at Christmas. I'll call you when I get home and we can start planning our winter vacation!! I love you all so much and miss you already! (that's 3 times today!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. just read the quote of the day - that's 4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, we got them to the security gate this morning at around 7 but they are doing so much construction at Reagan that I had a 20 minute walk to get to Northwest - they've closed the walkway from the parking garage. Anyway, I only got to see them for a few minutes as I huffed and puffed from my 2 mile race to get there. They've moved all the rental cars inside Parking Garage A so it's really a mess. You're supposed to take a shuttle from the parking garage all the way around the airport to get back to Northwest - oh well - guess you had to be there. Daddy played Oh My Papa - as he always does - as Maria was trying to get the kids ready to go so she gets an early morning cry in every time she leaves. I think she and the kids had a really good time this month - it has been a month - can you believe that? Thanks for all you-all did to make it special. Dale was saying when Maria called me from inside the airport - But I don't want to leave Mama and Papa - I want to stay here. P.S. She really, really likes the scrapbook. Tell Kaelyn. Sorry I didn't get in on the birthmark hunt - mine's on the side of my knee.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...