Well, I normally look forward to Monday blogs because I have a lot of material from the weekend. That is not the case this Sunday night. We didn't do much this weekend. It was a welcome break from all the running we've been doing. It's only going to get worse because volleyball has started back up for Kaelyn. She's in the tryout process now. She went Saturday and has to go back Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday will be when she finds out if she made the team or not. If she does, she practices EVERY WEEK DAY and sometimes Saturday. I hate figuring out dinner when it's volleyball season.
We all made it to church on Sunday which is a rare feat for us. Normally just Kaelyn and I go, but since Marley is on a nap schedule, we've all been able to go. I like it and hope it continues. This afternoon we went to the pool and to Nana and Papa's for dinner afterward. I spent most of the time with Logan trying to get him to jump in to me. He's doing good so far and hopefully will be back to where he was before the drowning incident. (I have not posted about the drowning incident because I can't yet, and that's all I have to say about that.) Rory tracked me down and asked if I could spend some time with her in the deep end. I jumped into the deep end for the first time in a long time today...I'd have to say it's been at least 15 years. That's full on jumping...not holding onto the side and jumping in and coming right back up, but free fall jumping. Anyway, it took me forever to do it. I was actually scared. I couldn't believe it considering how often I did it when I was younger. It was as if I couldn't tap into that inner child. Ok, this is getting too philosophical now. Anyway, I did it. After that, I started teaching Rory how to dive. She's doing so good in the water now. I can't believe how much she's progressed in so short of time.
When she's not swimming, Rory can be found getting into mischief. For instance, I was feeding Marley the other day. When I came back upstairs, Rory was holding my camera. I again told her that she couldn't use my camera without permission and put it up. That night, I found this.
This was the tea party day after Logan's nap. I guess she was trying to help him get a snack and such. I thought it was really cute. Speaking of cute, remember that video of Rory "performing" to Logan's birthday card? If so, you might like this.
If you look back at Rory doing this, he's copying her movements...mostly. And again, he's in his Superman costume. He actually wore his Batman one Friday. We even went to bring my friend, who just had a baby, a meal in it. It was great. And now, good night Gotham City... or...Metropolis... or..Whatever.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
Nora was really funny jumping into the pool yesterday. It took a LONG time for her to it. It was cute to see her running up and then aborting. She has a great heart, of course. Logan is doing a lot better in the water now. He just needs that self confidence he displays when dressing up. I know he will get there soon. Rory went off the diving board another two times yesterday and was doing a lot with me having her throw her up in the air and not catch her on the way down. I did a lot of work to my car this weekend. I got the oil, oil filter, air filter, transmission fluid, and spark plugs changed. It took about two hours while Nora and Kaelyn watched "Dead Poets Society." It was fun to get down there and do the work though so I liked that. I prolly could have sped things up a little with the compressor and air tools but didn't know that I would have to use it. It has a leak in the pedcock so I have to get another one from Sears one of these days. it's not that big a deal right now though. Other than that the weekend was good and we had a lot of fun.
ReplyDelete