Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Great Pumpkin Patch!

Every year we have a tradition of going to Butler's Orchard for their pumpkin festival. We take a hayride to the pumpkin patch, we go down giant slides, we frolick on hay bales, go through mazes, we go on pony rides, and eat caramel apples freshly made. We've been doing this for four years now. Recently while driving through my home town, I noticed a sign advertising for a pumpkin festival at a farm down the street from us. I looked it up online, and it's almost exactly like the festival at Butler's Orchard which is VERY expensive and a half hour away, but it's MUCH cheaper and only 5 minutes away.


We had a truly great time, so I'm just going to roll through pictures and comment only when I have to. Let's do it...

This was one of the huge worms that served as entertainment while we waited for a hayride.

Farmer Marley...that's a piece of hay she's chewing on.
Kevin and I decided that we either have to have two more kids or ask someone to take a family picture. Vote Now!
There's more, but this is already really long, so I'll post the other half tomorrow. I hope you enjoy the pictures. I think they're pretty good if I do say so myself. See ya!

5 comments:

  1. This looked like a day filled with fun and love. I sure wish we could have been there with you all. Maybe next weekend we can make it a family hour or so. I would love to see little Marley running around in the hay with Rory, Logan, Kaelyn, Sam and Nikki. Now that big snake on the ground will have to be gone.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked like lots of fun! Glad you all had a great day! We vote for two more kiddos : ) Love, The Scotts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about this TWO more kid thing. Maybe ONE more :)

    It was a great day. Logan wasn't liking the goats licking his hand when he was feeding them though. He came around when going down the slides too. He had to go down with Mommy an Daddy a couple times. Then got into it and wanted to go down alone. The other little ones running around were all trying to jump line so Nora had me go up with them instead. She thought I would be mean to little kids instead of her. I guess it's just the imposing thing so they thought better of it when I told them to stop doing it. Kaelyn, Rory, Logan, and Marley were all very well behaved though and it seemed had a great time. The Worm on the ground was really funny. There wasn't just one of them either. There was at least two. We saved one from being trampled by the line of people trying to get on the hayride. Logan and Marley stepped on the other one but given they are just small it survived. At least that's what we told them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK... So I had this thought about "testing" people on random things to see if the comment count would go up. I thought about a question of the day type thing so here it goes. Nora knows the answer because it is the "ultimate" question.

    What is the answer to the following question.

    We would like the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything?

    For bonus points who says it?

    First to respond gets the points and yes I will be keeping track and posting results tomorrow.

    On your honor no internet searches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay,
    "We would like the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything? And bonus who said it?

    Humm...at first it sounded metaphysical that would of course mean it was Aristotle. He was the father of metaphysical psychology. Metaphysics investigates principles of reality transcending those of any particular science.
    Or
    Religious. God works in many ways so he knows everything. I mean “everything” just almost is a synonym for God. So it could be Him.
    Or
    Logically. Maybe it is rhetorical? Like “Your life is what you make it”. “You, decide your future.” It is one of Nora’s Kitchen Quotes of the day, “When life stinks, make sure you didn’t poop you own pants!” Then the answer is: “You”.
    But no it can’t be any of those….It is probably something from a movie or book. The only movie I know is Shawshank Redemption so it ain’t that.
    Here is my answer!.
    A. Tripods are cheaper than children.
    B. It is hard to vote against ANY picture of Logan, Rory, or Kaelyn but the first picture of Marley in the hat just can’t be beat anywhere or by anyone.
    C. Do I get at least one point for trying?
    Papa

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...