

It was a great time until it started to rain the 4th house in. Marley was waddling along trying to keep up as Rory and Logan went door to door. People kept trying to give her candy, and by the end of it, we just let them because it was too much of a hassle to keep refusing. Besides, she was so cute. How could you not want to give her candy?

Funny story about Saturday...we went to my in-laws for dinner and trick-or-treating. When we drove up we saw a bunch of notes taped to people's doors...townhouse to townhouse. Kevin made a comment that he didn't know what the notes were for, but he hoped they weren't what he was thinking. He later explained to Kevin's dad (who put the notes on the people's doors because he is HOA president and was announcing an HOA meeting) that Maryland police had issued a statement that all registered sex offenders were to put a note on their door stating, "Sorry, no candy" and have their lights out and not answer the door. So when we pulled in, we thought there would be no trick-or-treating at Nana and Papa's. :) Kevin's dad is currently thinking about retiring his HOA position in light of recent events. :) Just kidding...
Sunday we went to my parent's to celebrate my dad's birthday. Driving all the way to Virginia is such a task that we like to go down in the morning and spend all day there. So Sunday morning we planned to be there by 830a for Mass with my parents. I was on I-270 in the rain and looked in my rear view mirror only to see flashing lights. I pulled over and screamed, "What God?!?! I really don't know what you're trying to tell me here!!!" The officer walked up and said, "Where are you going?" I told him I was trying to make it to my parent's church on time to which he said, "I'm not going to give you a ticket, but do you know how fast you were going?" I told him I didn't. He said, "You were going 90 in the rain with this car full of kids. I was hydroplaning just to catch up with you. You must have been right on the edge of hydroplaning. Have some common sense and slow down especially with all these kids in the car." I said, "ok" and went on my way never going faster than 70 and still making it my parent's church 10 minutes early. I don't think there's ever been another time that God had answered my question so clearly. I didn't speed on the way home either.
For those of you that might comment on my excessive speeding, I really didn't know I was going that fast. That probably makes you more mad. When we pulled away Kevin said that I should've told him he needed new tires if his were hydroplaning to catch up with me. Kaelyn said that probably would've gotten me a ticket.
Other than that, Rory's fever is back, so she gets to go to the doctors tomorrow. It's just non-stop action at the Bucy's. Feel free to NOT stop by. :)
Check ya later!
The answer to Friday's question, "What is a rhino's horn made of?" is hair.
ok ... It's something like Auguste Rodin or however that is spelled. Do I still get points for it?
ReplyDeleteThis past weekend was a killer that's for sure. I've been up working since about 2am this morning and there's no relief in sight right now. Oh well Most people just started their work days and mine is all but over. With all the stuff that went on this weekend it's not been the best time for one of my clients to run out of disk space on a drive we've been warning them about for close to a year now.
The trip to my in-laws and Nora getting pulled over was kinda funny. The getting away with it part was the best though. I happen to know what it feels like to hydroplane on roads and know that we were no where close to it. oh well. I know the cop was just trying to make a point and such.
Trick or treating was fun to the 10 houses we hit. The rain and Rory being sick really put a downer on it though. Otherwise we had a blast.
That's "not fair" (how many times have I heard that statement?). It was Auguste Rodin a French Artist based on Dante's "Divine Comedy". I Know you all knew that.
ReplyDeleteOne thing for sure we didn't get many people by the house Saturday night. I really feel it was because of the rain and not Jerry's notes.
Nora isn't it nice to know God is on your side. It all ways help to have a little reminder once in a while. Like you said he'll have his little angles in the back saying, " Mom don't go over the speed limit". I know they do that to me all the time.
That picture of all three of them standing at the door. You would think that it was Logan in the duck suit. She does look like a little doll in it. The thing is she thinks she is as big as the other two.\\
I worry over Rory getting sick. She is so small and just drops like a rock when she gets sick. More than anything they want to keep going and try so hard and feel so bad that they you can see it in their face. The strengh they have to keep going humbles me.
I was just going to log off when I looked at the google ads today. Nora God is really "driving" this home to you.
Love you all,
Nana
Lovw
Okay, So life goes on. So I inadvertantly called all my neighbors, "sex offenders". They had time to take down the notes before Trick or Treating and if they didn't provide candy for all the kids then I don't care much for them anyway. At least that is the way I feel right now. If anyone brings a law suit then I will change my story. ha ha.
ReplyDeleteYes, Nora you should drive slower. I know what everyone is saying, "that I should talk?" but you have to remember that I don't have a spotter sitting in the back like you do..."clear on left...Punch it!...Two cars on outside...Go...etc." Tag Team racing by KJ and Nora!....NASCAR never had it so good!.
I love you all. I feel sorry for the Rory sweetheart but don't know what else to do.
Papa.