Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Man Down!

My father-in-law, Jerry, went into the hospital this morning. He was incoherent. He's been diagnosed with pneumonia and low blood sugar. They kept him overnight, and HE thinks he'll be getting out tomorrow. In the meantime...some people had some things they wanted to say to him.

Nicole - "Hope you feel better. Kaelyn just stuck her foot in my mouth."

Kaelyn - "I love you so much. I hope you feel better. For the record, her (Nicole) mouth was closed, and I still have the taste of her feet in MY mouth!"

Rory - "Dear Papa, I hope you feel better. I had so much fun today. I hope you had fun too. I love the winter. Do you too? Write me back when you feel better. Love, Rory."

Samantha - "Hope you get well soon. I love you, and I only want the best for you. Love, Sam."

Marley - " (silence)"

Logan - "Papa...I want to dress up some week. I hope you feel better. See ya later alligator. After a while crocodile...but not right now."

Nora - "We were going to make cards but then remembered the blog. This of all the trees we just saved! Hope you feel better soon. By the way, a little extreme to get out of having us to dinner don't ya think? JUST KIDDING!!!!! Love you, Nora."

Brian and Kevin were asked for messages, but you know boys and their feelings. Neither knew what to say. In honor of your recovery, the quote and question are dedicated to you.

Get well soon!
The answer to the long corner/short corner question was hockey.

3 comments:

  1. Haha ... Nora is so funny about "boys and their emotions." Not funny at all about Papa being in the hospital though. As far as I know right now he is in isolation even. This is more than likely due to his "bed side manner" than anything else. :p I do, of course, hope and pray that you get better soon. If you were here I would prolly just punch you in the shoulder (a la Ice Age 3).

    Trick question ... it's not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Jerry is feeling better and gets to come home soon. Hospitals suck. I enjoy your blogs but don't get to read them every day. Whether you get comments back or not, know that I read them (eventually) and you have a running diary that you need to print off sometime in case the computer ever crashes. The kids will enjoy going back and reading them sometime in the future. By the way, I love both Kaelyn and Logan's haircuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I was in the Hospital for pneumonia and low blood sugar. I was in isolation and it wasn't because of my attitude. They are taking infections very very serious down there. Since I was locked away, I couldn't get to a computer. It may be 2009 but Bethesda Hospital doesn't do wireless yet. KJ probably could have set me up with a phone card but I really didn't feel like it anyway. Thanks for all the thoughts and keeping the home fires burning. Nora and KJ were just about perfect taking care of everything. I know Renee and I really appreciate it.
    The blog was awesome. Nora sent me a hard copy and the girls painted it. It was a sweet touch and made me miss them that much more, but it is great to know they are looking out for me. It will feel a bit better and write more soon but thanks again to great son and daughter-in-law....I love you both.

    Jerry.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...