Sunday, December 6, 2009

My Deepest Apologies

Wednesday, December 2, was Papa's birthday, and I didn't blog it. I'm so ashamed. I'm sorry, Papa...please forgive me. Thank you for always being there for us and providing dinners and entertainment. Here are five things you may not know about Papa...

1. He is very much like me...in the sense that we are both impatient and let it be known when we are not happy (please refer to Pizza Hut or Bethesda Naval Hospital). In the same respect, we make sure others know when we are happy too.

2. He hardly ever says, "bye" on the phone. If he's done talking, he hangs up...sometimes with warning, but mostly without. When Kevin and I got together, I used to complain to Kevin about it...."Your dad just hung up on me again!"

3. He has to have PLAIN, WHITE SNEAKERS! Kevin and I used to attempt to get him size 10, wide, sneakers. If they had any other color on them except for white, he would take them back...seriously. One year they had navy blue stitching outlining the "N" (did I forget to mention they have to be New Balance?) and he took them back. One year they had a silver stitching, and he took them back. This year Nana got ones with silver stitching, but it's ok coming from her apparently. ;)

4. He only drives Jeeps. Well, he drives other vehicles if he has to, but if he has to buy it, it's going to be a Jeep. Thanks to him, all our kids identify Jeep vehicles before any others.

5. He may seem stern, but if you get him around his family, he melts...especially around his grandchildren. He gives them whatever they want as long as it is within his power...chocolate chip cookies are always within his power...so are jelly beans and the occasional Batman movie.

Happy Birthday Papa...sorry this is so late!


2 comments:

  1. Yes, that about sums me up. I am all that for sure. I love my family and live for them. I wish I could do more for them.

    And just one more thing you might not have known about Papa.

    Papa has the sweetest daughters-in-law that ever existed. Thank you Nora.

    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't help Nora with those at all. She came up with them all on her own. I was thinking of times when he had a plane run over his foot, or when he was on the back on of motorcycle and fell off, or "rescued" a rabid dog, or when he filled an insurance claim in the office while still in his car, or anytime driving the old '73 Super Beetle. Ahhhh ... good times ... good times. I love you Dad!

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...