Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Kevin!!!!!!!!!

Today is Kevin's birthday. We partied hard at Nana and Papa's with great company and great food. I remembered that tonight was supposed to be my New Year's blog, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. Now, down to business. Here are five things you may not know about Kevin.

1. He loves anything sour. He is currently eating Pop Rocks. Do you eat Pop Rocks or just sort of have them in your mouth? Anyway, he doesn't shy away from chocolate, but he definitely has a preference for the sour, sweet, gummy, hard candy more than chocolate.

2. He is an encyclopedia of useless information with a preference for History. He knows things that people don't need to know. He would probably be good on Jeopardy.

3. If he weren't a geek, he'd be a mechanic. If we ever come into money...WHEN we come into money, he wants to start a program taking underprivileged kids off the streets and teach them to be mechanics.

4. He HATES watermelon. This might be one most people know outright because he's not shy in letting people know. He doesn't like that ALL his kids like it, but he cuts it up and lets them have it, which leads me to number five.

5. Kevin is the best husband, father, son, brother, friend, and all around great person. People are better for just knowing him. He has an integrity about him that shows by how he carries himself and cares for others. He is patient and laid back...the Yin to my Yang. He embodies all sense of the word gentleman.

Happy Birthday, DUDE! :) Just kidding. Happy Birthday, Kevin! I Love You, Miss You, Want You, and Need You...now and forever.

Nicole made Kevin this hat for his birthday

1 comment:

  1. I would say something about the DUDE part but since Nora knows what's coming I will hold off. Just to say that my point was proven when Kaelyn took my side (for once ... and only once) telling Nora that indeed calling someone a BEAST was a good thing :).

    Thank you for the kind words you have in the blog. While I know that there is so much more that can be done to show those around me how much they mean to me I can't seem to fit it into one life time. When we get to His Kingdom in Heaven hopefully I can begin to repay the kindness and gratitude that has been shown to me over the years. Nora sells herself so short but that is nothing new for anyone. I am who I am because of her. I couldn't be the person that I without her by my side supporting and picking me up when I'm down, laughing with me when I am happy, and correcting me when I'm wrong. She is my all and everything who without, I am nothing. I love you, miss you, want you, and need you.

    Thank you to everyone else for cooking, cleaning, baking, and being there with me yesterday and hopefully for many more birthdays to come.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...