Not a great picture, but notice the bruise on the top right of her head (your right). On Thursday I was changing her into her clothes in Logan and Rory's room. The changing pad is in front of the window. I saw Kaelyn get off the bus, so I stood Marley up to wave. Kaelyn followed the path down to where Marley couldn't see her anymore. So Marley leaned forward and tried to take a step to continue to wave to Kaelyn. Her foot got stuck in the changing pad and she fell face forward without catching herself with her hands and bashed her head on the windowsill. It was bad and angry looking for a while, but she was fine.
On Friday we were making a last minute dash to Walmart for a bunch of things we didn't need. I had Rory and Logan, and Kevin had Marley. I was in the middle of an aisle when I heard someone crying. I turned to Rory and Logan and told them it sounded like Marley and started running toward the cry. I got in the main aisle and saw Kevin holding a screaming Marley. She had fallen flat on her face on the Walmart floor. Here is a snap of her busted lip. Please excuse the bit of food gathered in the corner of her mouth. That really bothers me too if it makes you feel any better. Anyway, it bled a little bit, but she stopped crying. She sucked on it for a while because it was so fat. It's still there, but it's going away.In case you're wondering, yes...I'm still glad she's leaning toward this tomboy thing. I think these latest injuries are trophies in her tomboy lifestyle. As long as social services backs off (COMPLETELY KIDDING!!!)...Hopefully she heals up soon, but for now we're telling people, "you should see the other guy."
The "other guy" get it? haha. Nora told me about the last line on her blog. I guess you have to wait for the pictures of the snow. There is a lot of it and it's going to be around for awhile at least. They (accuweather) are calling for another 6 - 12 inches of snow for tomorrow into Wednesday. Just in time for all the arms and backs to heal. Speaking of healing ... Marley is doing just fine now. She is going to have to learn how to put out her hands to stop herself. Then again maybe she somehow heard her dad tell Rory and Logan not to put out their hands when Ice Skating? Yeah ... You see that floor. It's all dented and bruised like her dad when she fell.
ReplyDelete