Monday, March 8, 2010

Raw Food Update..HAPPY BIRTHDAY RENEE!!!

So I've been chugging along in this raw food experiment. I'm eating dinners, but I'm trying to be healthy about it. I still haven't found a salad dressing that I like, so I'm still blending my green stuff with fruit, and you really can't taste it. The other night Kaelyn and I got home late from a church gig, and we ended up ordering out. On the menu was a chinese chicken salad. It has asian greens, grilled teriyaki chicken breast, mandarin oranges, slivered almonds, and crispy wonton noodles. It came with a sesame/ginger dressing. I asked for the dressing on the side just in case I didn't like it.

Here's what I ended up with.
Pay no attention to the cheese sticks on the corner of the picture. I didn't have that many. Just the three you see sitting there. :)
This is probably the only picture in existence of me eating a salad. And yes, I did cut my salad before I ate it. I got a good bit in me, but it started to get boring. I didn't use any of the dressing because I liked the teriyaki sauce on the chicken, so I just used that for taste. I'm going to the store to get a raw soy sauce and hopefully be able to make a salad dressing that I like. And in case you're bored with my blogs about eating, here's a pic.

Crap. I just remembered again that it's Renee's birthday today. I saw her this morning and didn't say anything to her. Here I am blogging about food, and I didn't do a birthday post. I'm an awful person. Today was Nana's birthday. Here are five things you might not know about Nana.

1. She received a Nintendo DS for her birthday with the game Super Mario Brothers and was thrilled.

2. I've never seen her drink anything but lemonade, orange juice, water, and wine.

3. She takes care of EVERYONE even if she's only known you a minute...the only exception to this is if you like Kurt Busch. Even then, she'll take care of you by trying to convert you from your silly ways.

4. She exudes a Mrs. Doubtfire quality, but it's all a sham. She's a fiesty one.

5. Her family is her life, and every single one of us is grateful for her everyday.

Happy Birthday, Nana! Thank you so much...for everything...everyday. We love you!

Nighty-night.

3 comments:

  1. You knew you were going to get crap for the Kurt Busch thing right? It's his "little brother" Kyle that Nana has, how should we say, "issues" with. Add to that list one Brad Keselowski. Nana is passionate about her drivers to say the least. Something that I am sure Papa has heard about a million times by now. She even has a shirt that she usually wears on Sundays and it's the ONLY time you will find her wearing something other than her Grandkids sweatshirts. Yes even in the middle of summer when it's topping out at 110. That woman would wear a Grandkids sweatshirt on the equator.

    Nora's eating is inspiring to say the least. I know my limits though and right now raw isn't in the cards for me. I have to have something else besides shakes and sprouts. Even when the shakes are sprouts. She is doing it though and we all try and support her the best we can. She even turned down Pizza Hut Pan pizza, even though it was "only" cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone come get this gameboy! It is driving me crazy. Every ten seconds, "Dad-GUM-it, Dad-GUM-it, Dad-GUM-it!".

    She keeps saying, "Those kids can do it and so can I!" She wants to make them proud of her and she will get it, but I might not make it with her! ha ha.

    I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What goes around comes around right? I remember another little boy, when I was still a lass. That would sit and play Tetris on his gameboy trying to get the "all time record" score. Papa just "peaked" early! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...