Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sumo Kaelyn

As you all know, Kaelyn is an artist. She has proven this fact many times over and continues to amaze us. Prepare to be amazed again. Kaelyn received one of her projects back today from her Art teacher from last semester. Her teacher had kept it to use as an example for her next class. The assignment was to do a mug in the form of a person. You had to make the handle a part of that person. For instance, if you were to mold a mug as a golfer, the handle might be a golf club. Get the idea? Kaelyn did a sumo wrestler. Here's how it came out.
This is the face of the mug. Kaelyn's teacher commented that the nose was done exceptionally well.
This is the profile. Notice that the handle of the mug is the wrestler's pony tail. I thought that was ingenious.
This is the other side.
Here's a head shot. Get it!? A head shot?! I crack myself up. He's blue inside. Anyway, that's the talented Miss Kaelyn. Up next is her drawing final. She accidentally left it in Spanish class, but she's hoping to get it tomorrow. Wait until you guys see that! What a talented, lovely girl. Can you tell we're getting along today? :)

1 comment:

  1. And that doesn't happen everyday. The getting along part. Kaelyn is a teenager so she knows everything, even that I am typing it into the blog now and what I am typing. She is also a very talented artist and there really is no question on that one. I know myself well enough to know that there is no way in the world I could do anything like what she does. She seems to just "see" it in that lump of clay or rice cakes or anything. Hopefully when she gets a little older and "forgets" everything and loses the tude we will all once again get along better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...