Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pool

Way back when, my parents got a pool table. It takes up the whole back room that is decked out with black floors, black furniture including a bar (drinking one that is), and a bunch of odds and ends. (think "bachelor pad") The pool table has hardly ever been used. Maybe once or twice that I remember, but that's about it. Apparently my parents have been putting it to good use playing a couple games a week. When we went there for Labor Day weekend, my mom mentioned that maybe we would be interested in playing a game or two when the littles were asleep.

We started off with my mom and me playing. My parents play 9 ball, but I play 8 ball. Nine ball is when 9 balls are on the table and you shoot them in order. Eight ball is when all the balls are on the table, someone is solids, someone is stripes, and the 8 ball is the last to go in. Fulling assuming that my mom had played this way, we played 8 ball. We were going along and Kevin came out to watch. I was ahead by pure luck. My mom took a shot and got the 8 ball in. She looked at us all excited that she got a ball in and Kevin and I were wearing matching, shocked looks. It was pretty funny.

Kevin and I played next. For all of you that know Kevin, I don't have to tell you how that game went. I had to hear about how his shot was set up mathematically and so on and so forth. The end.

Kevin and Kaelyn played next. By this time I guess our laughing was enough to entice even a teenager. I disappeared at this point...probably eating something. :) I do know from certain bits of game time that Kaelyn was not a match for Kevin.

Kaelyn and my mom were up next. I think they had a good time. All either of them wanted was to get a ball in the pocket. It didn't matter what number, color or stripe it was. If they got it in, they celebrated. It was funny.


It was a pretty special time for everyone involved. Thanks for a great time!

By the way...Happy Birthday to my friend, Beckie. I hope it's a great one!

2 comments:

  1. It was pretty funny when Grandma sunk the 8 ball. Nora and her just kept right on going like nothing happened. I guess that's what they mean "all in fun." It was fun. I hadn't played in years. Kaelyn kept jumping the cue ball over things. Which was great fun to see. I think Grandma and Gekko were just happy to be able to get the pool table again. Seems like it's been more of a storage room than anything else for a lot of years. Grandma did some really good work turning it back into a "Pad."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nora for the b-day wish and the homemade delicious bread. I was very happy to be your guinea pig! Also, I don't know why I kept saying "See you tomorrow." I guess my nap erased my memory that today is Thursday,not Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...