Sunday, October 3, 2010

Boo-Boos

Last Monday, I got some dental work done. They made a temporary implant for my tooth. In three weeks, I get the real one. The day after getting my temp tooth, my other tooth on that same side starting hurting...really bad. It was a tooth that the dentist said she wanted to do another implant on but wanted to wait until January because that's when my dental insurance would be replenished. My dentist only works at this location on Mondays and Fridays, so I went in Friday morning. She told me to come back in an hour, and she was going to have to pull it. :(

I went back and got it done. I was fine and taking pain medication as needed which wasn't much. I got through yesterday just fine without anything but motrin. This morning after church, we did some yard work. I was weeding for probably only a half an hour. When I came inside to get the kids lunch, my tooth was hurting pretty bad. I was talking to my friend, who came over to enslave her son to us for some yard work, and she said that any activity that raises your blood pressure makes wounds hurt more because it rushes the blood there stronger. I didn't know that. I took some more pain medication, and it still hurt. I just took some more medicine, so that hopefully I can get some sleep. It has NOT been fun.

As much as my tooth hurts, I think Logan is in more pain. We ate dinner in the living room tonight. This hardly ever happens, so it was nice. The kids asked for dessert. When I said, "yes" and walked into the kitchen, all the kids came running. I turned around to tell them not to run and saw Logan slip and crash into the side of the table with his eye. He cried for a good bit and wanted daddy. We tried to put ice on it, but he wasn't having it. We gave him some Tylenol, and I tried to distract him with asking questions about his dessert. I got some pictures. Sorry if they're not the best.


Hopefully both of us will be feeling better tomorrow for school. It's a beautiful day, and it's great to be alive!

1 comment:

  1. Logan's Eye's and Nora's teeth go hand in hand. Logan is prone to injuring his eye's/head and Nora has really, really bad luck with her teeth. I am no better at either one mind you but these two take the cake. That and only the Mt. Airy Bucy's would have this much bad luck. It's not stopped in such a long time it's not funny anymore. Hopefully we can correct something and get back to having a better life. haha.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...