Saturday, January 15, 2011

And Now Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Program

So, it's been a while. Sorry about that. I'm going to try and get this blog up and running again. As most of you know we had a very happy belated New Year. We're hoping that this is going to set the tone for the rest of the year. But let's back up for a bit and revisit Christmas.

At Nana and Papa's there's a tradition of a Nerf Gun fight before gifts are opened. I think it actually comes after stockings. We used to get the guns in the stockings I think and then it got technical...different guns for the girls than the guys to give the girls a better shot at winning (get it? better shot? HAHA!) everyone taking time to get ammunition loaded and so forth.

This year the guns were handed out. I was the field photographer. It was rough out there. Everything was going on as normal and then, Uncle Brian disappeared and came back with an automatic nerf gun. It didn't take long for forts to be found and alliances to be formed. The alliances were basically Sam and Brian against everyone else. At one point Brian had to reload his 50 thousand ammunition slots. While this was happening, everyone else decided to load up and they would bombard Brian and Sam once they entered the room.

Unfortunately this didn't work so well, but they gave it the old college try. I'm going to roll the pics in sequence and let you take it all in. It's a fun tradition!
Before Sam crossed over to the dark side...I hear they have cookies?
Et tu Marley?
I'm not sure why Papa looks like he's aiming right for me. It's all about getting the action when you're the field photographer.

Look at Kaelyn's eyes...wild with adrenaline.
Kaelyn didn't let a dress stop her. She hunched down behind this chair for cover. By the way, that's double sided tape on the chairs. Cats don't like to scratch furniture with double sided tape on it. No one told me this when I got Moki(A.K.A. Master Manipulator). Moving on...
Nikki joined forces with Kaelyn in her spot while Kaelyn put a box on her head for extra protection. She soon figured out that even though it saved her from being shot, she couldn't see to shoot.
Has anyone seen Matrix 3? There's a scene where they're recruiting ammo guys and telling them their one goal is to load up their people without getting killed. This shot reminds me of that scene...Marley...the ammo girl.
Notice the plate behind Brian and by the garland on his left...this was serious folks...in case you had any doubt.
I think it was Nana that finally called the game quits. It went on for some time and we still had to open presents. Marley went up to Paula and Paula kept screaming, "Not so close Marley!" and then Marley would shoot her point blank. It was pretty funny even though I should've stopped it like a responsible parent. It really was hilarious. Hope your Christmas was fun and maybe you'll try adding a new tradition next year? What better way to take your frustrations out on your family?

4 comments:

  1. Yeah. We joked a lot before Christmas about getting a rifle for the fun. Brian actually went out and did it. This time around I am sure there are going to be grenades, swords, and body armor. S.W.A.T will have to called in to break it up. It is a lot of fun though as long as Marley is just the ammo runner and not a shooter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog. Actually, I was the one who thought our tradition was getting a bit out of hand already. But we have always had that few minutes of "fun" and then boxed all the guns and ammo up for another year. And no just because all the pictures had me aiming at our roaming photographer it really wasn't that way.
    I am happy to hear that Miss Blogger had a pretty good time out of it and I think it is fantastic to have her back on-line where she should be. Thank you!

    Do they make NERF Tanks?

    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. In wartime there is no time to think that clearly, hence the box over my head... Overall though it was really fun and I do have to admit it is getting more intense as the years go on. I think it was more of a "girls vs, guys" kind of thing until uncle brian totally cheated with that huge nerf gun thing! :p Alliances were then made/broken making total chaos! But you know what they say.. Every box... I mean man for himself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I have to say that I too am glad to see the blogger back to blogging. I enjoy the nerf battles, it's a chance to be a kid. Kaelyn's box has given me an idea for next year and I can pretty much promise that if there is a bigger gun next year I will have it. Just in case someone else decides to try and beat me. HAHA!!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete

The Last Melon

  Guess what?!  The last and youngest has turned 18!  It's hard to believe.  Almost as hard as it is that she'll be leaving for coll...