Sorry for the delay in posts. Kaelyn has exams this week, so we've been studying for her tests. The same girl who can tell me Smelser's Theory of Collective Behavior can't remember her daily chores. I'll never understand it. Anyway, I decided to let you know some things that are going on in my life.
If I had had time to put a picture here, it would be of blue painter's tape on the cabinet doors under my kitchen sink. You might be wondering why the doors are taped, or thinking that it must be to keep the kids out. WRONG! I have tape on our kitchen cabinet doors to keep the CAT out. That's right...I said(wrote) it...the CAT. We keep his treats under the sink, and he has figured this out...and he opens the door himself and gets in there! I have stopped giving him treats because he doesn't deserve them. When you walk past him, he tries to bite you and sometimes succeeds. Then I was sitting in the kitchen two nights ago, and Kaelyn comes walking in yelling at the cat for biting her and attacking her feet. Then she walks over to the cabinet and reaches in to get his treats out. I asked her what she was doing and her obvious reply was giving him treats. I asked her why she would be giving him treats when he was just attacking her. Her reply was that he was attacking her to GET treats. And now it all makes sense. She has been rewarding his bad and biting behavior this whole time. I let her in on this new development and she actually looked a bit embarrassed by the whole ordeal. After all, what would Smelser think?!
Secondly, I received a Wii Fit Board and Game for my birthday. I finally cracked it open today. To get started they have to do a physical test and so forth. I did this test and it registered that I was overweight. As it did this, my Mii character grew chunky around the thigh area. My first thought was, "Wow, how did they know it was all in my thighs?" My second thought was something about being embarrassed that Rory and Logan were witnessing all this. They didn't say anything. They just looked at me trying to see if the controller was going to go flying or something. Then when they did their tests, they cheered and hollered when it said they were in a healthy weight range. When I tried to tell my "supportive" husband, he hugged me while laughing hysterically at me. When I went through the story slowly and detailed, he laughed harder. SO...it is now my mission to prove my Wii wrong!
Thirdly, (and this ties in nicely with secondly) I have joined a competition at my gym called "I Lost It At The Gym." (catchy, huh?) You get put on a team and get points for every work out, challenge, and so forth. So far Kevin and I are on the winning team, no thanks to us. Between Rory's strep throat and this weather, who knows how many points we'll get for our team. The competition lasts for 8 weeks. I'll let you know how it turns out.
This is My Life.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Last Melon
Guess what?! The last and youngest has turned 18! It's hard to believe. Almost as hard as it is that she'll be leaving for coll...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
My wife is not overweight and I really didn't think a Wii telling her she was would have changed her mind. It was really all in the way that Nora delivered the story. She was standing there all pouty like a little girl who lost her favorite doll. It was really cute and that's what made me start laughing. Then I could picture Nora standing on the Wii Fit watching all that happen. Sorry I took your moment. I love you!
ReplyDeleteIf you didn't think you needed some fitness-work then why would you want a WiiFit for your birthday? Wasn't it just confirming what you thought already? I say don't blame the equipment for telling you that. Did you expect it to say, "My, my young lady you are perfectly fit and you just wasted a perfectly good Birthday wish for nothing." I don’t think so! I bet if would find fault with everyone some how.
ReplyDeleteAnd while I am on this self-destructive discourse--you blame the cat? You refuse Mokie treats because he wants someone to stop and pet him and show some time and care. (Spraying Mokie with the water bottle does not count at quality time!)
Actually Smelser wanted everyone to learn how to solve their family problems by identifying dysfunctional behavioral patterns and creating healthy psychological boundaries. So getting Kaelyn to clean her room was exactly what he was talking about. Ironically his famed method to do this was called the "strain" method.
But Smelser never had kids and never had to “motivate” one of them to clean or do anything! So what good is he? He don't know strain from Shinola!
When was your birthday?
ReplyDeleteComputers don't really "know" anything. Take heart!
I agree with papa about the mokey thing!! he was just trying to get my attention so when he does that I get him a treat and sit down on the floor and pet him for a bit. I didn't think about it making him bite youuu more ha sorry
ReplyDelete