Happy Birthday to my big sister, Dita. It is her birthday today, and she is on a business trip. She has two children that she has to spend this birthday away from. That stinks. Instead of telling you some things you may not know about her, I'm going to write my birthday wishes for her.
I wish for peace for my sister, peace in her life. She has so many things being thrown at her that she can't even come up for air most times.
I wish her patience. Patience that good things come. Who was it? Oprah? That said something to the effect of not giving up because you might be five minutes away from a miracle.
I wish her friendship. She has good friends, but I'm talking more about relationships that have been damaged to heal again and blossom into a loving friendship.
I wish for forgiveness for her. Mainly that she forgives herself because she's really hard on herself sometimes. She needs to forgive herself and know that there's no way to live up to our own standards sometimes. This is especially hard for us mothers.
I wish for her healing. Healing from all things that effect her trust in mankind. Sometimes when we're running from here to there, we don't have time to sit and deal with things that have hurt us, so we can move past them.
I wish for joy for her. Joy that she is getting stuff done. She is still climbing that mountain. She is persevering. She has a family that loves her. Happiness is a given in this one too.
Most of all I wish her love. Love from the only people that really matter...God and herself. I'm not sure of her view on faith, but I pray every night that God open her heart to let her feel and experience my wishes for her. I truly believe that it is Him that has given her this much strength thus far. I don't need to wish my sister strength. She has enough for all of us...and then some.
Happy Birthday, Dita. I love you.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
Happy Birthday Dita. Like Nora, I wish you much Love and Happiness.
ReplyDelete