Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Kevin!

It's been NINE years.

Kevin and I were engaged after dating for one month. We heard a lot of people mumbling that maybe we were moving too fast, and we should wait. So we moved in together and waited NINE months before getting married.

When I was growing up, I always used to ask people how they knew they were supposed to be with someone. Their response was always, "You just know." I thought that was the biggest cop out ever. I wanted them to tell me the real answer.

Then I SAW Kevin. That's right...I hadn't even met him yet. I saw him and knew that he was the one. And then I prayed heavily that he was NOT a mover. :) Not that I have anything against movers, but he was dressed in a ball cap and jean shorts carrying boxes. Our story is so amazing. I'm sure lots of people have amazing stories...but I like ours.

We've been through a lot in NINE years. I'm ready for some more NINE year runs. I think with what we've been through and come through in these years...there's no stopping us now.

Happy Anniversary, Kevin! I love you, miss you, want you, and need you

PS- For all you who don't know...that's how we end all our emails and texts to each other...that or lmwn. Just a little quirk that I like.
I used this same picture last anniversary. What can I say? It's my favorite picture of us. It was before we knew what was coming. HA!

2 comments:

  1. Man, were we young in that picture. It's crazy to think that it was ONLY NINE years ago that we were married. I remember it like it was yesterday. Shaking so much we couldn't get the necklace clasped on Kaelyn, wearing those sunglasses almost the entire time are the ceremony, and everything in between. Anyone who remotely knows us, knows that we've been through so very much in NINE years. It's been really tough at times but even more rewarding. I've loved you for NINE + 10 months "on paper" but have spent my entire life looking for you. It's just as nice now as it was then to know I don't have found the person I am supposed to grow old with. I love you, miss you, want you, and need you!

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...