Monday, September 26, 2011

The Card Shark

Gotcha with that one, huh? Good, cuz I have no pics this time AGAIN! Our bedtime routine used to consist of putting Marley down at 7p, Logan going to bed at 730p, and Rory following at 8p. Somehow we skip the Logan going down at 730p, and he stays up until 8p with Rory. She hasn't noticed it yet, so we're not mentioning it. Our extra bedtime activity is...cards. We(Daddy, Mommy, Rory, and Logan not necessarily all of us at the same time) play War, Uno, and Ruckus...normally in that order. Sometimes Uno gets left behind, but War and Ruckus are every night. While all of us enjoy playing these card games, Logan has taken it to a new level. He's addicted! Here are some phrases you will catch him saying...

"Oh Baby a (enter card number or picture here)!"
"You're going down!"
"Take that!"

And tonight...when it was just me and the lone Logan, we had a war on some 9's. I won and Logan turned over the cards to see what I got from him. They were all cards under 10 and no picture cards. He says, "You got nuthin'!" Who is this boy? He ended up winning War, Uno, and Ruckus! I gotta get you some pictures of him playing.

The funny part is that while he's playing, he's constantly backing up across the floor. It drives Kevin crazy, and it's really funny to watch. :) Last night Kevin inched up to him and backed him against the shelf. Tonight when I complained about the same thing, he came all the way forward and said, "Now I'm all up in ya." Before you call Social Services for the phrases this boy is learning, I would like to say...he got it from Kevin. Kevin said it to him last night. It's tiring throwing people under the bus. :) Later!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah. Say one thing to the kids and they parrot it for the rest of your life. I am sure that when Logan is older he is going to say it again to his kids and then I'll get blamed for that too!

    Logan is really funny playing cards and he always wants to do it. Nora, Rory, and I are really good sports about him winning all the time. I think that he wins because if he looses it's a whole other story. The kid doesn't like loosing what-so-ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think two of the funniest people on earth is Logan's Mom and Dad. They have humor and personnality plus and I would really be surprised if this didn't rub off on their children. It's a great gift and laughter is a wonderful sound. Just think you'll have this wonderful memory for ever and you have now shared it with me. Oh yes, no one loses when you do something with someone you love.

    Thank you,
    Love you all
    Nana

    ReplyDelete

The Last Melon

  Guess what?!  The last and youngest has turned 18!  It's hard to believe.  Almost as hard as it is that she'll be leaving for coll...