We went back to my parents and put Marley down for a nap (that she didn't take). Kevin, Rory, Logan, and I left to do last minute errand running for her birthday. I went to Carter's and only spent $16 (with coupons)...and to be honest...I didn't even spend it, my mom did. The point is that I got out of there (CARTER'S!) with only 2 things and $16 on my mom's card. :) Next up was the party store for balloons. We got out of there easily enough, but by the time we got to my parent's, one of the balloons was already deflated from a hole that did not happen while in our care. (just had to get that out there) After that we went to Baskin Robbins for her cake. There wasn't one that we like the ice cream and cake flavor on, but we got one with a rainbow. Marley loves rainbows. But then they said the price was marked wrong and it wasn't $19.99, it was $29.99. So we didn't get that. At that time, Kevin found one with ice cream everyone would like and it wasn't big enough to have leftovers. We asked for "Happy Birthday, Marley" to be written on it. They send the cake in the back with a little boy that looks younger than Kaelyn. After about 10 minutes (which seemed like FOREVER) the little boy comes out with this.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Marley's B-Day Celebration - VA
We went to my parents on Sunday to celebrate Marley's birthday. I'm going to tell it like it was. First we went to the buffet. It's a place the kids love because after they pick out everything they want, they get dessert from the dessert buffet bar. Heck, even I like that part! We normally go around 1145a. That way we can hit the breakfast buffet and then the changeover to the lunch buffet. I'm not big on their breakfasts, but I like one of their lunch dishes. They were late getting the lunch stuff out, so by the time I got my food, the kids were done their desserts and pretty much everyone was waiting on me to finish.
We went back to my parents and put Marley down for a nap (that she didn't take). Kevin, Rory, Logan, and I left to do last minute errand running for her birthday. I went to Carter's and only spent $16 (with coupons)...and to be honest...I didn't even spend it, my mom did. The point is that I got out of there (CARTER'S!) with only 2 things and $16 on my mom's card. :) Next up was the party store for balloons. We got out of there easily enough, but by the time we got to my parent's, one of the balloons was already deflated from a hole that did not happen while in our care. (just had to get that out there) After that we went to Baskin Robbins for her cake. There wasn't one that we like the ice cream and cake flavor on, but we got one with a rainbow. Marley loves rainbows. But then they said the price was marked wrong and it wasn't $19.99, it was $29.99. So we didn't get that. At that time, Kevin found one with ice cream everyone would like and it wasn't big enough to have leftovers. We asked for "Happy Birthday, Marley" to be written on it. They send the cake in the back with a little boy that looks younger than Kaelyn. After about 10 minutes (which seemed like FOREVER) the little boy comes out with this.
He didn't even spell her name right. Anyway, we ate it. She opened presents. I think she had a good birthday. Here are some pictures from my parents.

We went back to my parents and put Marley down for a nap (that she didn't take). Kevin, Rory, Logan, and I left to do last minute errand running for her birthday. I went to Carter's and only spent $16 (with coupons)...and to be honest...I didn't even spend it, my mom did. The point is that I got out of there (CARTER'S!) with only 2 things and $16 on my mom's card. :) Next up was the party store for balloons. We got out of there easily enough, but by the time we got to my parent's, one of the balloons was already deflated from a hole that did not happen while in our care. (just had to get that out there) After that we went to Baskin Robbins for her cake. There wasn't one that we like the ice cream and cake flavor on, but we got one with a rainbow. Marley loves rainbows. But then they said the price was marked wrong and it wasn't $19.99, it was $29.99. So we didn't get that. At that time, Kevin found one with ice cream everyone would like and it wasn't big enough to have leftovers. We asked for "Happy Birthday, Marley" to be written on it. They send the cake in the back with a little boy that looks younger than Kaelyn. After about 10 minutes (which seemed like FOREVER) the little boy comes out with this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
The good thing about Marley was that she took it all in stride. All four of the kids did really. We tried to squelch the talk about it so it wasn't a big deal. I put some tape on the ballon and Marlene had a helium tank from Kaelyn birthday's past. It worked for a little bit at least so we were able to save the ballon for a while. The cake was another story. Knowing they messed it up before and tried to fix it I didn't see the point of taking it back in. The kid did a horrible job at it but hopefully he learned what not to do on the next one (namely letting someone else do it). We had another wonderful time while we were down though and Grandma and Grandpa got to spend time with us. That's the reason for the trips anyway.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! The cake! What a story! Happy birthday to your sweet girl!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe the cake mess-up...that's just crazy! Happy 3rd birthday Marley!
ReplyDelete