Anyway, we got there and he told them we lost power. He went on a ride with Kaelyn, and then got a message that he was an important part of the process they were doing and that if he lost power, he needs to drive into the office. By this time we had split up so the older girls were off by themselves (including Rory) leaving Logan and Marley with me and Kevin. We got them lunch (which was free along with all the water, soda, chips, and beer you wanted) On a side note, who takes their kids to the amusement park and then drinks? It just seemed really ridiculous to me, but I'm not judging by any stretch of the imagination. Moving on.
We finally got Logan and Marley to the "kid" place, and Logan didn't want to go on anything. Marley wanted to go on everything. It turned out to be kind of hot, and they had a water play area. I had packed all three younger kids clothes just in case they spilled something, but now I thought that we would just let them play some. Logan and Marley were cautious trying not to get too wet. At this point, Kevin says that he has to get to work. He had told them that he was driving in. It takes him an hour, and we were running out of time that he should already be there. We had the big girls drop Rory off with us, and since I knew we had to leave, I let them get soaked. They had a good time. I took them to the gift shop next. Poor things. I brought clothes but not a towel, so they had to walk around the air conditioned gift shop freezing. Kevin went on to the car to get on the phone and computer.
Rory had a minor freak out when she heard that we were leaving and the other girls were staying. We still have Hershey Park tickets to use, so we threw that at her, and she calmed down a bit. On the way home, Kevin's phone started to die. This wasn't good because he was supposed to be in the office now, so what would he tell them. At the same time, the gas light goes on. We never really paid attention to how much gas we have left once that happens. To make matters more interesting, we were at a part in the highway where you have to travel a bit of distance to get to a gas station even if there was one off an exit.
Kevin's phone eventually died, and our attention turned to whether we would run out of gas. We decided to go for it and made it to the gas station up the road from our house. We put $45 in and it only got to half a tank. I don't know how bad that is or if we were almost out, but I do know that I normally get more than a half a tank when paying that much. We got home at 330p and Kevin stopped working that night at 7p. It stunk and looking back, we would've just left him here. It was still fun when he was there and not having to be on the phone.
Thank you for hanging in there with me and reading this long thing. Here are some pics.

It was Kevin's idea for us all to wear our "Bucy" shirts that Nana and Papa got us last Christmas. I thought it was a good idea. Here Kevin and Marley are on a school bus that goes around and around vertically.
Fun times. To be sure I hope no one at the office reads this. I wanted the kids to have fun and knew that Logan wasn't into rides but Marley would want to go on all of them. I hope they had a little fun at least. that's the main goal of anything.
ReplyDeleteWhat a crazy work story. I sure hope none of his co-workers are followers of your blog! = 0
ReplyDeleteOh...we(just the girls) went to Six Flags last summer. We had a blast and they are begging to go back.
ReplyDelete