There is someone riding their ATV at 730p. This makes me not happy. It's dark but not too cold. It got to 60 today. I guess that seals the deal for no white Christmas. :(
I am thankful for...
My life. I helped a friend by helping her clean her house today, and I'm glad I'm not a maid. It's hard! My husband is amazing, and I'm glad we are making steps to improve ourselves and our relationship.
I am thinking about...
How I'm going to get everything done. I have a few more things to do, but all deals are off on Christmas Eve. That's when we have our Christmas with the kids. Sunday is travel day and Christmas with everyone else.
Learning all the time...
We are not doing any "school". We are learning to bake cookies, cross-stitch, bird watch, squirrel watch, singing, dancing, etc...
From the kitchen...
I'm going to make more Ritz cookies. These are the people pleaser, folks! Smear a little peanut butter on one ritz cracker and a little marshmallow fluff on another. Put them together and dip in chocolate. Let set before eating (about 10 minutes). I just keep getting request after request.
I am creating...
A home. It's coming along being cleaned every morning like it is with my chores and such. Decluttering is happening all the time. I have a feeling Christmas might ruin this open feeling.
I am working on...
Being aware of what I need to be doing for me. My counselor keeps saying to just take care of me right now and everything else will fall into place. I can't...CAN'T take care of everyone.
I am going...
To try and keep my focus for the next few days. I'm going to breathe and stay calm even if things don't go according to plan. Hopefully being intentional about it will make it happen. (NOTE TO PAPA- No trying to test this one. That's not fair.) :)
I am hoping...
The kids enjoy the holiday but learn that it's about something bigger than presents.
I am reading...
"Too Deep For Words" by Thelma Hall. It's an interesting book about Lectio Divina...deep praying.
I am praying for...
Peace.
I am hearing...
The TV. I told the kids they couldn't watch it, so they went and asked their dad who said, "yes."
Around the house...
Answered already. It's feeling like home for the holidays. :)
One of my favorite things...
Helping people. I'm hoarding money so that I can pay for the people behind me at Starbucks tomorrow. I love doing that!
A few plans for the rest of the week...
Kevin's off all next week, so the family is having a staycation. I don't know what all we're going to do yet, but I know we're going rollerskating on Tuesday with some friends. Oh...and my zumba guy is in town doing a zumbathon. That's two hours straight of zumba. I'm addicted. I'll admit it.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Squirrel scaring is more like it. No one in the family seems to like the squirrels getting the bird seed. The birds and the squirrels can't both be there at the same time. So Nora usually runs out after them waving her hands in the air and making faces. I would run for the hills too. Nora didn't say that I made their masks. So that is why they are so "cheaply" made. I hardly feel amazing!
ReplyDeleteSquirrels are good. They are fun to watch and they have soft bushy tails. They are also good with scambled egs and brown gravy. Oh, how I miss those days.
ReplyDeleteThose three scary people are very cute. They couldn't scare away anything. I love them.
Nice blog. Keep them coming...
Papa.