It was a lot of fun, and they're already asking when we can go back. Can I just say that I held my own for not being on a pair of skates for about 20 years? I had a great time! Some more practice and everyone better watch out!
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Rollerskating Day
We are having a staycation this week and were invited to go rollerskating with some friends. It was in Pennsylvania, but they cater to kids and have little PVC contraptions for them to use to skate with. Everyone had a great time! Logan and his friend were the first ones out of skating and to the video games. Rory pretty much skated the whole time...sometimes with me, daddy, Kaelyn, and her friend Emma. At any given time she would just take off on you. It looks like Marley inherited her daddy's balance genes because she was out there and even dancing while skating at times. Once she got the hang of it, she didn't want anyone holding on. Here are some pics and video.








It was a lot of fun, and they're already asking when we can go back. Can I just say that I held my own for not being on a pair of skates for about 20 years? I had a great time! Some more practice and everyone better watch out!
It was a lot of fun, and they're already asking when we can go back. Can I just say that I held my own for not being on a pair of skates for about 20 years? I had a great time! Some more practice and everyone better watch out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
There were two big surprises of the day.
ReplyDelete1. When we first got there and Logan got skates on his feet he took off.
2. When we were ready to leave Marley had gotten the hang of it and didn't want any help.
The first is surprising because Logan is usually like he was in the video (which was taken at the end) the entire time. He usually doesn't take off on us.
The second was surprising because Marley is 3 and is ready for no crutch and is pretty darn good.
They ALL did really good though! Rory, Kaelyn, and Nora did perfect in their own rights. Rory is really trying to get better and having her own skates helps. Kaelyn just needs a little more confidence and will be skating backwards in no time. Logan is in a phase of getting up early which stinks because I think he would have done better the entire day if he had a little more time sleeping the night before.