It's dark and in the 30's. The temperature has been on the rise lately with more beautiful weather tomorrow. I hear in the 50's.
I am thankful for...
getting back to business. Christmas, New Years and Kevin's birthday is fun, but it's nice to get back into the swing of normal days. We're getting back to our education this week.
I am thinking about...
New Year's resolutions. How many I'm going to keep and how many will resurface next year.
Learning all the time...
I'm going to change things up a bit in our schooling. I worry about crossing all the t's and dotting the i's. I think I'm going to relax a bit and see what happens.
From the kitchen...
Planning on some nice comfort food this week. This includes stew, breakfast for dinner and the sorts. I'm craving "good" meals.
I am creating...
routines. Cleaning routines, schooling routines, bedtime routines, reading routines, free time routines...It makes me less stressed.
I am working on...
EVERYTHING! That's what it feels like sometimes. I am really focusing on trusting myself and my decisions rather than relying on other people to tell me they think my idea is good.
I am hoping...
to get back to work! I took a vacation from Thirty-One. My first party of the new year is this Friday. I'm hoping to get everything ready and prepared before then.
I am reading...
Real Learning: Education in the Heart of the Home by Elizabeth Foss. I can't remember the other book I'm reading, but it's about St. Therese, The Little Flower.
I am praying for...
Court cases and prego friends. I have three right now. All women who weren't getting pregnant when they wanted. All three are surprised by their blessing.
I am hearing...
Kaelyn talking on the phone. She's pretty loud, and the house is quiet because the rest of the kids are sleeping..except for Kevin. :)
Around the house...
I am still keeping up with the kid's chores and my own being done according to schedule first thing in the morning. I'm so excited!!!!
One of my favorite things...
bird watching. Kevin put Rory's bird feeder from Nana hanging from a tree over our deck. We watch the birds all day come and go. We have a bird book that I think needs updated. All of us have fun trying to identify them as they fight with each other and the squirrels.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
babysitting, Thirty-One, bookclub, and whatever else I can come up with.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

What a wonderful daybook. I didn't make any New Year Resolutions this year. I wonder if that's a bad thing?
ReplyDelete