I know this may be a shock to some of you, but sometimes I don't do what I say I'm going to do. :o I said in a blog last week, that I was going to get the basement situated since we brought the couch and big TV upstairs. Well, guess what? I got the basement situated Saturday morning. It had snowed the previous night and the kids were sick, so I skipped Zumba. I know, another shocker! It looks quite nice if I do say so myself. I set it up as a little town. There's a house, a store, a clothing store (dress-up) complete with a full length mirror. It almost looks like we could be having playdates here for a change. I would LOVE that. I've been wanting to get more hospitable, but then I keep getting all these plagues. Hopefully this last one is over with, and we can start inviting friends over. I can't wait.
While I would love to say that I have pictures of my masterpiece, I do not. Sorry! I still have some cabinets to clean up, so I'll show you in completion of it all. For now I'm just excited that when you look in the basement, it's airy...which is very important for a basement. Our old set up of little stations just wasn't working, and it made it look small. I still don't think we're going to paint or anything just because there's a part of us still not willing to commit to being here long enough for that. Wishful thinking considering that this was supposed to be our starter house, and we weren't going to be here for longer than 5 years. It'll be 6 this May in case you were wondering. C'est la vie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Last Melon
Guess what?! The last and youngest has turned 18! It's hard to believe. Almost as hard as it is that she'll be leaving for coll...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
The basement before and after are remarkable at least. Ms. Blogger really should have taken some shots of it. It looks amazing. The whole thing is well laid out and the kids are having a TON of fun with it. I looked up directions for putting their "Rose Pedal Cottage" back together and got it back up in no time. The first time it took a long time and more than a few "choice" words. That's not to take away from what Nora did. She did a wonderful job at it and probably was more of a work out than Zumba! haha
ReplyDelete