Kaelyn found a website for teens giving creative ideas of what to give up. One of them was not so much a give up, but I love the idea behind it. You bring sticky notes with you everywhere, and every place you go, you leave behind a positive note. I like this idea because I get warm and fuzzy when I think about it, so I'm going to do it. If I cross your path and don't leave a sticky note, please feel free to call me out on it. :)
I'll still be blogging. I will be noticing how often I have my phone out, how often I'm checking my email, how often I'm playing words with friends. :) In every instance that I find myself aware that I am out of my usual behavior in something, I will offer a prayer for someone. Something tells me that if you're reading this, you'll probably be receiving some prayers from me.
And since it's Fat Tuesday, let's end with a scrumptious picture..or two.

Yes, Lent is supposed to be hard. It's supposed to remind us of Jesus going off into the "wild" with the Devil and being tempted. It's remarkable how different people are with this time of year. Some people give up Diet Pepsi and Sweets, some people give up FaceTube or YouBook, some people give up Computer or TV. I will be giving up sodas for sure but not quite sure the other. Suggestions?
ReplyDeleteWe are doing a family-wide purge of junk, which includes my Coke at lunch. I think we'll all feel better at the end of the season. Best wishes to you. I remind myself this stuff wasn't good for us to begin with. I think sometimes it helps to offer a better replacement for the void: quiet time, hot tea, exercise, reading, etc. At least, that works best for me.
ReplyDeleteLove.