Happy Birthday to my eldest sister, Dita. Her given name is Arlene, but I've only ever known her as Dita. Which name do I use for her acrostic? Since I call her and know her by Dita, I think I'll use that one.
D- DETERMINED Anyone who has ever met my sister knows that this words describes her perfectly. She knows what needs done and she finds a way to do it. Persevering would be a better word, but there's no P in her name.
I- INSULIN Dita has Diabetes. She's had it since she was 10 I think. As far back as I can remember, she never let it get her down. That's IMPRESSIVE.
T- TOUGH My sister has put up with some crap. Crap doesn't fit that sentence too well, but this is a G-Rated blog. She gets through it no matter what it is. She smiles when she doesn't want to. She laughs when she wants to cry. She does it for her children.
A- ADORING This is where her children shine. You can tell her love for them just by watching them. They are what keep her going through all the words above. They are her driving force. I don't think she'd have it any other way.
Happy Birthday, Dita! We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
I know at some point we'll be calling Dita to wish her a happy dirthday for which I am sorry you have to hear me sing! Haha.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Dita. I hope it's a good one and hope your candle-blowing-out-wish-(along with the rest) come true.