Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Birthday Acrostic

My mom sent me this email yesterday.  I actually cried.  Thank you, Mommy!


I finally got to look at the blog and realized I hadn't seen it for a
while.I am not very good at it but the following comes to mind when I
think about you.And you'll notice - I'm fashionably late!!

N - Nice. You are one of the nicest and sweetest people I know. You
don't give yourself enough credit for all the balls you keep in the air
- your kids and all their activities, mother of a teenager, wife of a
computer whiz, 31 consultant/executive - not sure of your current title,
housewife, cook and excellent baking chef, activity leader, financial
conscience, someone your siblings can count on when they need help,
cheerleader, taxi service, laundress, homeschooler, church activity
organizer, andblogger (and I know I've missed some)!

O - Organized. I know you don't think you are but sometimes you're so
organized you drive yourself crazy. I think your assignment of rotating
chores to the kids is really good for them and they will one day be able
to take care of themselves when they get out on their own. I didn't do
well with that - didn't make you do regular chores - so you had to learn
how to do stuff on your own. I'm sorry - but I'm proud of how well you
do with everything. Also, I like it when you call and ask how to do
something - makes me feel useful.

R - Religious. This one I would never have expected throughout your
headstrong teenage years but you are an inspiration for all those around
you. I can tell that your faith is of great comfort to you and I love it
when you tell me about times you've questioned why something was or wasn't
happening and then it does - and you can see God's hand in it.

A - Adult. Ok, ok, I know you are - but you'll always be my little girl.
For some reason - I guess because you're the youngest,I can't wrap my head
around your age. But then you tell me about how you've solved a problem,
or how you've helped someone out, or how you've budgeted, or how you've
driven through Starbucks and paid for the coffee for the person behind you,
or how you've managed to make that tiny house into a home for 6 happy
people, or how you've cared for sick kids, and I'm so very, very proud
of you!!!

I love you, Sweetie!!!

Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Very touching words from Nora's Mother there. I know they mean a lot to her to hear. I got to read it the other day and it was moving to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice! That is a loving Mother. Of course being the evil Father-in-law I would have had to add a few titles that she missed but that like they say is another story for another time.

    Again, Marlene, that was very very nice. Are you sure we are talking about the same--NORA?

    Signed, E F-I-L

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...