At some point on here I wrote that I was going to focus on making healthy dinners. Well, I've committed myself to not over committing myself, and I had some time this weekend to get some things done. One of those was meal planning for the week. I have a couple of blogs that I use regularly. To make this list, I have to have made, eaten, and liked one of the recipes. Here's what we've been eating and what we're going to be having this week.
Saturday we had teriyaki steak, crash hot potatoes, and broccoli. The kids had to try everything before they could have their usual of pb&j. Rory actually likes steak, and Kaelyn ate only potatoes. Today we had garden harvest chicken stew, biscuits, and the best apple crisp. Kaelyn wasn't here, so none of the kids liked the stew or apple crisp. I'm not an apple person, but it was good over vanilla ice cream.
Here are some things for the rest of the week...
Crock Pot Hawaiian Meatballs, rice, and veggies
No Peek Beef Tips, egg noodles, and broccoli
Honey Lime Grilled Chicken, seasoned roasted potatoes, and some sort of veggie
LEFTOVERS!
While the apple crisp wasn't the most healthy thing, considering I had it on top of ice cream, I'm trying. After dinner tonight I said to Kevin, "Thank you for loving me enough to eat my concoctions even when they're not good." He simply said, "You're welcome."
Sunday, August 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
What in the world was I SUPPOSED to say? I get yelled at for overstating things all the time around here. Nora tells me I should just say "thank you" and let that be the end of it. The stew was just a tad under seasoned is all. A little salt and pepper made that dish just that much better. The kids don't eat anything but cereal really. They are just like their mother! All of them were good though and I liked them. The steak, however, was a little thin....... :)
ReplyDelete